Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it safe to update Hombrew Browser to 1.0.6?

Posted by filo22 
Is it safe to update Hombrew Browser to 1.0.6?
October 08, 2009 06:35AM
Hi guys,
I am a relative newbie to this scene and have Wii Firmware 4.2E. It has HBC and when I enter the Homebrew Broswer, it prompts me to update (if I wish) the latest browser to 1.0.6 (it current has 1.0.5). Is this safe?

I've heard a lot about Nintendo's stamp on HBC etc and just want to be sure before proceeding.

Thanks guys.
Re: Is it safe to update Hombrew Browser to 1.0.6?
October 08, 2009 06:43AM
Yes, it is totally safe, there wouldn't be a reason why it wouldn't be safe.
The only thing that would be un-safe would be to update the Wii SysMenu before asking, because that can f*** something up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 06:44AM by ckinrun.
October 08, 2009 06:46AM
Yes, updating HBC will NEVER cause problems. 1.0.5 was the first one that could be installed on 4.2 though
October 08, 2009 06:56AM
cactusjack901
Yes, updating HBC will NEVER cause problems. 1.0.5 was the first one that could be installed on 4.2 though

As far as I can tell, he was talking about Hombrew Browser.
Lol.
I mistook it the first time I read it too.
October 08, 2009 07:03AM
@up: He is talking about homebrew channel. You didn't mistook it the first time but the second one.

@topic: Updating isn't only safe but also recommended since this version won't freeze as 1.0.5 does. Also you might want to read what's the Homebrew Channel and what's the Homebrew browser, since you seem to think they're the same thing and they're not.

Have a nice day,
Aruskano

Edit: Links to HBC and HBB articles at the wiki.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2009 07:12AM by Aruskano.
October 08, 2009 07:14AM
Aruskano
@up: He is talking about homebrew channel. You didn't mistook it the first time but the second one.

@topic: Updating isn't only safe but also recommended since this version won't freeze as 1.0.5 does. Also you might want to read what's the Homebrew Channel and what's the Homebrew browser, since you seem to think they're the same thing and they're not.

Have a nice day,
Aruskano

Edit: Links to HBC and HBB articles at the wiki.

I stand corrected!
Lol.
That was a bit confusing...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login