Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DEVKITPRO WONT INSTALL!!! ARRGH!!!

Posted by SteelSLasher 
DEVKITPRO WONT INSTALL!!! ARRGH!!!
October 27, 2009 12:19PM
I am trying to update from r17 to r18 but it doesnt seem to update properly, everytime it would always miss something out as when i compile it would throw errors about missing libs that should have been installed or it will compile but not run.

Just now i tried to do a clean install and it looks like almost every item in the lib and include folders were missing, WHY IS UPDATING SO HORRIBLE!!!
Re: DEVKITPRO WONT INSTALL!!! ARRGH!!!
October 27, 2009 03:08PM
I have installed devkitPro on 4 computers and I never had any problem. All the PC's were running Windows XP and I used the automated installer from [sourceforge.net].

I also compiled a few times the libs from svn and I never had any problem there.
October 27, 2009 05:27PM
why don't you just download the packages and unzip them into your dir. It's really not too hard.
October 27, 2009 05:41PM
I made this way update of alone libogc to solve some output problem and everything works :)
October 27, 2009 09:34PM
scanff
why don't you just download the packages and unzip them into your dir. It's really not too hard.
that doesnt seem to work for some reason, will try again after a few days, i really cant be bothered to do anything about it right now
October 28, 2009 12:13PM
why has this been put in getting started, i had started wii homebrew almost a year ago ???
October 28, 2009 07:27PM
SteelSLasher
why has this been put in getting started, i had started wii homebrew almost a year ago ???

I guess it's not really a specific wii coding question.
October 29, 2009 01:46PM
scanff
SteelSLasher

suppose so, but now i have manually downloaded everything that is needed to compile but when i run the dol it instantly causes an exception
October 29, 2009 04:46PM
SteelSLasher
scanff
SteelSLasher

suppose so, but now i have manually downloaded everything that is needed to compile but when i run the dol it instantly causes an exception

Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the code that compiles into your .dol? If you're unsure, take the source of whatever program you find and check if you can compile that into a working .dol.
October 29, 2009 07:10PM
it does look like my code, but it ran fine before r18, and the code dump points to files in the gekko-eabi folder, i think this might take some time
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login