Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb Alpha v2 - cannot find installer.elf

Posted by tonysalley 
Bannerbomb Alpha v2 - cannot find installer.elf
October 30, 2009 04:10PM
My Wii was accidently updated with Wii ver 4.2U and Homebrew applications were deleted from system.

As per instructes on the website, I tried to install Bannerbomb v2
As instructed in Bv2, I download abd6a_v200.zip and unzip it onto the SD card.
The next step I had a problem: Go download the HackMii installer. Copy installer.elf to the root of the SD card, and rename it to boot.elf.

I could not find “installer.elf” anywhere; however there was a boot.elf.
I used the boot.elf and put it on the root of my SD card.
The next instruction was to: Press the SD card icon (for the SD menu). Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf? or freeze.
It did neither……
I then tried abd6b_v200.zip and replaced the “content.bin” on my Sd card and tried again. Like the first time it did nothing.
Can you help. What am I doing wrong?
Re: Bannerbomb Alpha v2 - cannot find installer.elf
October 30, 2009 04:20PM
Are you following This guide?.

EDIT: If you are using Winzip, make sure it is set to folder view so you get the folders and not just the content.bin file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 04:22PM by metroid_maniac.
October 30, 2009 05:35PM
My problem is not with the content.bin file it is when I download the : HackMii Installer v0.6, there is no installer.elf file
I only get the following:
Credits
Licence
README-BootMii.txt
README-HBC.txt
wiiload
wiiload
wiiload.tar.gz
wiiload.exe
boot.elf

If someone can tell me where to grab a working copy of installer.elf I'm sure I should be able to proceed with my reinstall.
October 30, 2009 05:53PM
it is the boot.elf. They probably renamed it in the v0.6. Now, please can you answer my question

A 1337 hax0r
EDIT: If you are using Winzip, make sure it is set to folder view so you get the folders and not just the content.bin file.
October 30, 2009 06:35PM
I am using Winzip and not sure what you mean; " make sure it is set to folder view so you get the folders and not just the content.bin file".
October 30, 2009 06:40PM
When you open the zip file in Winzip, it SHOULD all be in a folder, then you have to open that folder. If not, it should be in the menu bar at the top > view.
October 30, 2009 08:19PM
Your're right, when I open the Winzip file and unzip it to the root of the SD card it now appears as a folder called private.
I will copy the "boot.elf" file and try it out tonight when I get home.
Thnx.
October 30, 2009 08:21PM
Good. The content.bin doesn't go straight onto the SD, or else the Wii can't read it. It needs to go in a chain of confusing folders.
August 09, 2011 05:29PM
hi as instructions i put in my sd card a past named private with a paste named wii and in the wii past a past named title and in title past a past named aktn and in that past a content file.
i have also boot elf.
i i go to sd card in the wii, the wii freeze what can i do to instal homebrew
August 09, 2011 07:59PM
i want to install the homebrew channel how i have to do and i have to download put the links and the instruccions. I already do it very times but did not work
August 09, 2011 10:45PM
you can try this; [wiibrew.org]
August 10, 2011 12:52AM
Please don't resurrect old topics.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.