Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Used Smash Stack, but...

Posted by MagiCaleb 
Used Smash Stack, but...
November 11, 2009 04:08AM
I was really exited to use homebrew, hoping that it was and is worth it. I tried it, following the directions on the wiki exactly. Then I tried it. I went
to stage builder, and noticed that 1. Nothing happened, and 2. the SD card label said it only had one stage on it. So I decided to go there. I pressed "Check Content", and right when I went there, the game and wii froze and a loud buzzing noise appeared! I had to unplug the wii to turn it off. I took the SD card out, and the game was fine. It's just that
now I have no stages on SD cards, and still no Homebrew channel.

I'm sure I did everything correct, exactly what the wiki said. One site suggested when doing the Smash stack, is to remove all GameCube memory cards. It still had the same affect.

PLEASE HELP! My brothers are a little mad that some (more than half actually) of their custom made stages are gone. Is there at least anyway to get them back, or did I just
format my SD card in the process?
Re: Used Smash Stack, but...
November 11, 2009 04:42AM
Try using Bannerbomb instead to install homebrew.
November 11, 2009 06:53AM
aren't you supposed to remove all other custom stages for smash stack?
November 11, 2009 06:54AM
bg4545
aren't you supposed to remove all other custom stages for smash stack?
Yes, I think so.
November 11, 2009 07:30PM
Just to check - do you have a USA Wii and a USA copy of Brawl?
November 11, 2009 11:02PM
I'm taking Arikado's advice. I don't want to delete the other stages. Hey, when it has me change the "private" to "privateold", does that mean that the wii bypasses that folder? If I labeled it "private" again, would it give me my stages back?
November 11, 2009 11:09PM
yes. the wii uses whatever folder is called private and effectively ignores other folders. if you remove the current private folder and remove the old from privateold, you will get back your old private folder i.e. all stages, and any saves and channels stored on the sd card will be restored.

anyway, answer my question : do you have a US wii and a US copy of brawl? Also, its probably easier to use Indiana Pwns or bannerbomb.
November 12, 2009 08:03PM
Try using Bannerbomb v1 if you are on <4.2 or v2 if you are on 4.2
November 14, 2009 05:28PM
If you don't delete every stage, the game will crash. Some data might also be lost.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login