Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

n00b just installed HBC now what?

Posted by JE78 
n00b just installed HBC now what?
November 12, 2009 06:22PM
System 4.2. I just installed HBC, DVDX, and BootMii Boot2, I did a backup of my system to my SD card successfully. Now what? Can somone give me some recommendations on what to install? I downloaded the SNES Emulator, how do I get it to my Wii's hard drive and not just reading off the SD card all the time.
Re: n00b just installed HBC now what?
November 12, 2009 06:53PM
You cannot have it on the Wiis NAND (Wii does not have a hard drive, NAND is what you are thinking of. NAND is the internal memory). Homebrew must always be loaded from SD or USB (not all homebrew works properly from USB).

I'd advise getting Homebrew Browser, then you can just run it and download all sorts of homebrew, its pretty cool.
November 12, 2009 08:02PM
For making the emulator read the files out of the USB device, just change the settings in the Settings menu.
November 12, 2009 10:50PM
i agree with sif jar it makes anything related to homebrew a heck of a lot eaiser for newbs.
November 12, 2009 10:56PM
I have the home brew browser all loaded up. My question about putting stuff in the channels is I've seen a few uTube videos where people had emulators in some of the bubbles, just wondering how thats possible. I'm still learning, atleast I didn't brick it.
November 12, 2009 10:58PM
That's generally illegal to do.
November 12, 2009 11:16PM
It is technically possible to do legally though. Dont have much experience though. Any, in fact. I dont have any problem launching HBC when I want to use homebrew.
November 12, 2009 11:25PM
I don't either I just thought it would be easier and that I might have missed a step when downloading the emulators.
November 12, 2009 11:46PM
If you really want to make custom channels you can use CustomizeMii, but it is probably easier to just launch the programs from the homebrew channel. Installing custom channels is likely to banner brick your wii, although that is easy to fix with Bootmii.
November 12, 2009 11:52PM
I don't need the hassle of fixing a bricked Wii so I'll just keep it the way it is. One question, I have the NAND on a SD and also on my computer. It is ok to remove it from the SD card and then if I do need it just put it back on the SD card?
November 12, 2009 11:55PM
Yes, you do not need to keep the NAND backup on your SD card.
November 13, 2009 12:07AM
I didn't think so but just incase there was some sort of tattoo on it or something I didn't want to loose it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login