Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After smashstack can I remove the boot.elf file that was used to launch it?

Posted by standardtoaster 
After smashstack can I remove the boot.elf file that was used to launch it?
November 26, 2009 02:28AM
I'm new to homebrew stuff so please bear with me. I successfully installed the homebrew channel through smashstack. I want to know if it's safe to remove the boot.elf file that was used to install hombrew in the first place. I want to make stages again.
Re: After smashstack can I remove the boot.elf file that was used to launch it?
November 26, 2009 02:35AM
Yes you may. The actual HBC becomes a WAD on your Wii (I think?), so it's no longer loading from your SD card.
November 26, 2009 03:01AM
Thanks for the replies! I'm going to remove it now. If I need help with anything else I will let you know.
November 26, 2009 04:53AM
gameking66
The actual HBC becomes a WAD on your Wii (I think?), so it's no longer loading from your SD card.
There is a difference between a "WAD" and a "channel". The Homebrew Channel becomes a channel on the Wii.
November 26, 2009 07:46PM
gameking66
Yes you may. The actual HBC becomes a WAD on your Wii (I think?), so it's no longer loading from your SD card.

No. WAD =/= Channel. WAD is basically an archive, an installed channel is contents of said archive extracted onto Wii's NAND (although the contents were not necessarily in a WAD when it was installed)
November 26, 2009 10:25PM
SifJar
gameking66

No. WAD =/= Channel. WAD is basically an archive, an installed channel is contents of said archive extracted onto Wii's NAND (although the contents were not necessarily in a WAD when it was installed)
Yea, my mistake.
You can remove boot.dol/boot.elf
February 04, 2010 04:24AM
Yes, you can!
Re: You can remove boot.dol/boot.elf
February 04, 2010 04:26AM
davidcalman_32
Yes, you can!
Please don't bump old, already answered topics. Kthnxbai.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.