Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew installed...Nothing Happens

Posted by hollywoood69 
Homebrew installed...Nothing Happens
November 27, 2009 11:40PM
Hello everyone. I am a newbe to the homebrew channel. I have a wii that is about a year old (Bought it for the boys for christmas lasy year.) and decided to put the homebrew channel on it. So, i got on downloaded what i need to download, and went to the wii. It go into the SD card and launch the bannerbomb (I think thats what its called). I install homebrew, DVDx, and HackMii. after i end everything, it takes me to the homebrew channel on my wii. Then......well thats it...just bubbles. Now dont get me wrong, i enjoy popping bubbles just as much as anyone else, but i really wanted to get this working. Does anyone have any ideas, or suggestions, or.......am i just hopeless?

Thanks everyone!!
Re: Homebrew installed...Nothing Happens
November 27, 2009 11:45PM
Do you have any apps whatsoever on it? if not add them to the directory /apps/ I would suggest to get the homebrew browser [wiibrew.org] and then when you load it get Mplayer CE for watching movies and then any other apps you want.
November 28, 2009 12:04AM
Ok, So i have the Homebrew channel installed on the wii. but i need to add the homebrew browser? How do i add it to the apps? And i also have 3 younger children, i would like to back up the games, will homebrew allow me to play those backed up games?
November 28, 2009 12:06AM
Backups are not supported here but if you are using windows just download the homebrew browser extract it, then find the folder that says apps and put it on the root of your SD card.

EDIT: read the wiki page and it will give a better explanation of how to install it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2009 12:09AM by Crisco.
November 28, 2009 12:55AM
This user ignored Crisco's comment by posting a topic about backups a half hour aftewards of the posting of Crisco's comment. As such, this user has been dealt the consequence of a permanent ban from our forums for blatantly ignoring our forum rules.

This topic is now locked.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.