Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homebrew Installation - Do I need Twilight Hack?

Posted by Sue100 
Homebrew Installation - Do I need Twilight Hack?
November 28, 2009 06:32PM
I am running version 4.2E on my wii. I have gone to Homebrew website and downloaded Hackmii_Installer_v0.6 onto root of SD card. When I put card in wii and go to SD folder, nothing shows up. Am I missing something else? Should I also have a game loaded at the same time?

How do I begin the installation of the Homebrew channel? I read in some places that you need the 'Twilight Hack' before doing the Hackmii Installer thing. What does this mean?

I am confused. Please would someone spell out in very simple terms for a simple person the steps that are required to get the Homebrew Channel up and running.

Thanks v much.
Re: Homebrew Installation - Do I need Twilight Hack?
November 28, 2009 07:30PM
The Twilight Hack only works with System Menus lower than 4.0. Use bannerbomb as an exploit to run the hackmii installer.

After everything is set up, your SD card should look like this:

/boot.dol
/private/wii/title/atkn/content.bin

The boot.dol is the hackmii installer and it must be named "boot.dol" (without the quotes obviously)
The private folder is bannerbomb
November 29, 2009 01:10PM
Thanks TopGun. I have got the "/private/wii/title/atkn/content.bin" from bannerbomb download. BUT the boot file I have is "boot.elf", not "boot.dol". Where do I get that from?

Thanks
November 29, 2009 02:09PM
You can use either boot.elf or boot.dol.
November 29, 2009 03:53PM
Boot.elf works too. Either way it is the hackmii installer.

Now just go to the SD menu (the little picture of an SD card on the main menu.) and it should ask you if you want to run the .dol/.elf. Then just go through the steps to install HBC, DVDx (for playing DVDs), and bootmii boot2 (if possible).
November 29, 2009 04:35PM
Thanks v much. Will give it a shot and let you know how it goes.B-)
November 30, 2009 06:54PM
Hi there.

Have installed the files, as above, on the Wii from the SD card. When I go to the Homebrew Channel on the Wii all I see is a blue watery screen with bubbles on it, which I think is the wallpaper. Please can you tell me how I now install apps to view on the Channel. Which apps are good for a beginner to install, just to check it's working OK?

Thanks v much.
November 30, 2009 07:11PM
You put your apps inside a SD Card/USB device in a folder named "apps"

[wiibrew.org]
December 01, 2009 04:05AM
I recomend putting the homebrew browser on there. It will let you download more homebrew straight from your wii.

Wiibrew.org
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login