Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

backup save game files to SD card, tried Savegame Manager.. HELP!

Posted by draexo 
backup save game files to SD card, tried Savegame Manager.. HELP!
November 29, 2009 03:03AM
Ok,
My son has been playing with Homebrew and using various cheat codes. One code messed up his saved game file for Animal Crossing and he will have to start the game over. We tried to copy his other saved game files over to the SD card without much luck. Most of them will not copy. The copy (move) option is grayed out. I found an app on the homebrew channel called "Savegame Manager". When I run it, the screen goes blank, and eventually we have to reboot the Wii. I tried this a few times without any luck. Online it talks about using PatchMii to load cIOS that will work with "Savegame Manager". But the app when loaded from homebrew does not mention this at all.

So... how do I back up all his save game files for his Wii games to the SD card (and computer eventually?)
Thanks
Re: backup save game files to SD card, tried Savegame Manager.. HELP!
November 29, 2009 03:09AM
Just use save extractor and save installer instead they are two separate programs that work just as well.
November 29, 2009 03:16AM
I saw Extractor and Installer, but I wanted to copy everything over and it seems to me I would have to actually put the disc in for each game to use Extractor and Installer, but not so with Savegame Manager.
November 29, 2009 03:19AM
As I read more, it appears I have to run patchmii to get cIOS 249 in order to use Savegame Manager - that is what the Wiki says, but when downloading the file from Homebrew there is nothing in the description about that. I found patchmii installer, I just need to figure out what to do with it!
November 29, 2009 03:21AM
Well unless you want to install a cIOS and Patchmii (both pretty dangerous and require a below 3.4 system menu) the extractor and installer are the best way to go.
November 29, 2009 03:43AM
We run 4.2 system menu. Patchmii did not say anything about being limited to certain system menu versions. Something else to check out I guess! Sounds like extractor and installer might be easier after all!
November 29, 2009 03:52AM
[wiibrew.org] 6-7 lines down it says
PatchMii uses the signing bug, and therefore does not work properly with the October 23rd update. Additionally, the System Menu 3.4 update includes a "dummy" IOS254, blocking PatchMii installation.
you could remove the "dummy" ios with any title deleter I think and then use TBR to restore the trucha bug but personally I wouldn't want to go through that much trouble.
November 29, 2009 04:00AM
Sounds like a lot of work!. I will try the extractor and installer.... do they work under 4.2? Guess I will find out
November 29, 2009 04:03AM
yeah I use it for city folk all the time.
November 29, 2009 05:42AM
Installing cIOS is actually not that hard and it is safe. First, use Trucha Bug Restorer to patch IOS 36 with the trucha bug. Then run cIOS Patchmii Installer twice (first time to uninstall the stub IOS 249 from the 4.2 update and the second time to install cIOS). Then Savegame Manager will work.
November 29, 2009 03:26PM
jbc007
Then run cIOS Patchmii Installer twice (first time to uninstall the stub IOS 249 from the 4.2 update and the second time to install cIOS)
Why?

AFAIK all it needs is an IOS that accepts fakesigning.
November 29, 2009 05:48PM
If you run the PatchMii cIOS installer with IOS249 installed, it'll remove it. Therefore, you need to run it again to install it, because the first time it will be removing the IOS249 stub included in the 4.2 update instead of installing IOS249.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login