Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save file extractor error

Posted by spoils94 
Save file extractor error
November 30, 2009 12:43AM
I am currently trying to extract my animal crossing save file with the save file extractor, but everytime after I hit reset to start the process I get a message after a few seconds of the disc reading/loading:

preparing to dump save data please wait... ERROR (ret=-1) or something along those lines...

Could somebody tell me what is wrong and how do I fix it? Preferably could one make it easy enough to understand for a noob...
Thanks in advance!
Re: Save file extractor error
November 30, 2009 05:23PM
You have not got a Trucha Bugged IOS. Trucha is a bug we used (and still use in a different form) to install, edit, etc. things in the Wii. You can restore the Trucha Bug through Trucha Bug Restorer assuming you have Wi-Fi. It consists of three easy steps:
1. Run the app in any IOS and downgrade IOS 15. Close the app.
2. Run the app in IOS 15 and patch IOS 36 and 37. Apply all patches. Close the app.
3. Run the app in IOS 36 abd restore IOS 15. Close the app.
Now you are thinking with portals have Trucha Bug in IOS 36 and 37.
November 30, 2009 10:43PM
There's no real need to bother with IOS37, its only necessary to patch it for RawkSD/RawkTour.
December 01, 2009 01:50AM
or you could just use the latest version of Dop-IOS MOD in which everything is automated.
December 01, 2009 06:13PM
Crisco
or you could just use the latest version of Dop-IOS MOD in which everything is automated.
But you need Trucha Bug before you can do that :-)
December 01, 2009 08:24PM
nope. latest version does that for you (two button presses and it'll automatically downgrade IOS15, patch IOS36, restore IOS15.)
December 01, 2009 09:20PM
Crap. Wow, dop-IOS MOD rocks.
December 02, 2009 03:07AM
metroid_maniac
You have not got a Trucha Bugged IOS. Trucha is a bug we used (and still use in a different form) to install, edit, etc. things in the Wii. You can restore the Trucha Bug through Trucha Bug Restorer assuming you have Wi-Fi. It consists of three easy steps:
1. Run the app in any IOS and downgrade IOS 15. Close the app.
2. Run the app in IOS 15 and patch IOS 36 and 37. Apply all patches. Close the app.
3. Run the app in IOS 36 abd restore IOS 15. Close the app.
Now you are thinking with portals have Trucha Bug in IOS 36 and 37.

I used the extractor, but i had no trucha IOS. I started using the extractor WAY before i reinstalled trucha on 4.2U. If I need trucha, then how did i do it without trucha?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login