Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDx not working

Posted by lexxx 
DVDx not working
December 03, 2009 08:44AM
Hey all, I searched this forum for the answer and I have tried to get the dvd function to work. I installed, deleted, and re-installed dvdx numerous times and installed, deleted, and re-installed Mplayer as well as MPlayer CE. I have 4.1U. I didn't notice anyone with that version having the same problem. Anybody shed any light on this? I even installed MPlayer from the web and loaded it onto my SD card and I also downloaded it thru Homebrew. Nothing seems to work. Am I overlooking anything? The DVD when I used CE would say mounting and it wouldn't load. On just the regular MPlayer it just stays on loading DVD and does nothing.
Re: DVDx not working
December 03, 2009 09:05AM
The latest DVDX has a different TitleID, and thusly mPlayer doesn't work with it right now. Just hold tight and an update to mPlayer_CE will come out, allowing you to play DVDs. Alternatively, you can install the USB2 cIOS on the mPlayer_CE page on Wiibrew.

Of course, you might, although I doubt it, have one of the new DVD drives which can't play DVDs
December 03, 2009 09:32AM
Actually, there is a new MPlayerCE, cactusjack. It supports the titleID change.

@lexxx:
You are downloading the latest version of DVDx through the use of the Hackmii Installer, correct? You're not using the old updater, are you?
December 03, 2009 02:49PM
WaxyPumpkin72

@lexxx:
You are downloading the latest version of DVDx through the use of the Hackmii Installer, correct? You're not using the old updater, are you?

He has 4.1 so he could be using the old one and it shouldn't matter.
December 03, 2009 07:30PM
I believe am using the latest version on hackmii installer. V0.6 correct?
December 03, 2009 07:35PM
By the way, thanks for the information guys. Anyone out there have 4.1U and has their DVDx working?
December 04, 2009 01:37AM
The version of DVDX that came with HackMii Installer v0.6 is not compatible with any application released before it came out, nor is it compatible with some applications released after it came out.
December 04, 2009 02:47AM
I have 4.1 and am using the old DVDx on Mplayer CE 0.75. It works just fine. But there is no way to get past the DVD menu yet...
December 04, 2009 07:36AM
TopGun96
I have 4.1 and am using the old DVDx on Mplayer CE 0.75. It works just fine. But there is no way to get past the DVD menu yet...

So you get mplayer to come up, but you can't get the movie to play?

So I should unistall the dvdx that was used in hackmii v.06 and install dvdx off v.03 and it should work? I initially had dvdx installed off of v.03 and it still didn't work. Although, I don't know if I tried installing MPlayer CE. I think it was just the regular MPlayer. Do you think that will work?
December 04, 2009 01:44PM
I have both DVDx versions installed. My problem is with discs that have a DVD menu on them. There currently is no way of navigating that screen.
December 05, 2009 01:26AM
I see....I can't even get the damn thing to play. I've tried normal and backed up dvds in both players with both versions of Mplayer. Nothing works. The dvd was the best part of the upgrade that i wanted. Can anyone think of something I might be overlooking?
December 05, 2009 04:46AM
You may have a newer wii with a new type of drive that DVDx does not work with. There currently is no way to get those drives to play normal DVDs.
December 05, 2009 08:12AM
I've had it for about a year and a half.....Any idea when they put the new drives in?
December 05, 2009 05:51PM
Oh, well you most certainly do not have a newer drive then. I honestly dont know what the problem could be. Sorry.
December 07, 2009 04:15AM
Anybody think of something I might be overlooking?
December 07, 2009 04:56AM
So, you have DVDX and Mplayer CE 0.76, right?

The DVD can be read, right?
December 07, 2009 08:51AM
I have dvdx and I believe I have mplayer CE .76 I think that is the version that is currently on homebrew. I will have to double check that to be sure though. When I click on play in Mplayer CE and put the dvd in it doesn't read it and it doesn't play. Just sits there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login