Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New to Homebrew

Posted by krew 
New to Homebrew
December 08, 2009 12:24AM
My wii verison is u2.2 so what methoed is easiest to put the homebrew channel on?
The twilight verison will not work say fail to load code end of heading
Re: New to Homebrew
December 08, 2009 01:08AM
The Twilight Hack does work, you just need a "boot.elf" or a "boot.dol" on your SD card.
December 08, 2009 04:45AM
still doesn't work i have it in my folder
December 08, 2009 04:58AM
If it is in a folder on the SD card, that is incorrect. boot.dol/elf has be on your SD card, but not in any folder.
December 08, 2009 08:41PM
you could just upgrade to 4.2 via wifi and use bannerbomb.
December 15, 2009 11:19AM
Hey all this is my first post so please go easy :-p

I have brought my mrs a new Wii for xmas and was wondering what are the chances of bricking a wii?? Does this depend on if its installed as the ISO or boot2?

I am very wary about installing this as there are alot of topics about bricking. Is it easy to restore the NAND via bootmii and does it do a automatic backup of the nand when you install bootmii?

I am a wii virgin but have flashed, installed many infctus chips for nand dumps on the xbox 360.

Also i have heard of people putting in games and the game saying to update and it has bricked their Wii, true i dont know this is why i am enquiring before attempting.

The process looks simple but what if things go wrong, bugs etc. Would it be better to update the wii before installing the homebrew?

I have got a few programs from the obvious places but what files do i actually need?? Or will the bootmii/hackmii installer all i need?

Basically its just for the games at the min.

Sorry about the questions and i dont mean to be irratating. Thankyou in advance.
December 15, 2009 12:57PM
You will not be able to install BootMii/boot2 on that Wii, it is too new. There are few Mini apps out there, and BootMii/IOS offers little brick protection, but IOS still isn't a bad thing to install. You might use it sometime.

The NAND backup process is not automatic, you have to do it yourself.

If you only play homebrew games, use Gecko, use Linux, and do other things like that, you have nothing to worry about. If you start using applications that can modify the Wii's system software, it gets a little more risky. If you know what you are doing, nothing should go wrong. One thing not to ever do, however is go around installing random channels that you find or installing System Menu themes. These are often illegal and have a tendency to brick Wiis.

An update should not brick your Wii. At the worst, it would delete the Homebrew Channel, as 4.2 did to HBC 1.0.4 and older.
December 15, 2009 01:22PM
So if i install Gecko i can play my backups on disk or do i have to use a memory card? But will it play the latest games?

Also can i install the homebrew channel? To get updates? Also when the wii updates can it brick it or is that false rumours

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2009 01:52PM by wolv3rine.
December 15, 2009 02:06PM
1. We will not help you with backups. Read those big red letters on the main page.
2. Gecko is a cheat/region free app, not a backup app.
3. Yes you can install HBC on any wii.
4. No update will brick unless you play jump-rope with the power cord.
December 15, 2009 02:22PM
Sorry.......... My bad, see where i am backups are not illegal if you have proof of purchase and original. Just wanted to know if all the programs everyone talks about does work on the new wiis and the chances of messing this up?
December 15, 2009 11:28PM
Legal backups are morally fine. Either way though we do not support them as the information could be used to help pirates. Sorry.

And yes everything supported by Wiibrew (HBC, DVDx, Bootmii) works on a new wii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login