Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrading Wii

Posted by aidanharris 
Upgrading Wii
December 16, 2009 09:32AM
No one wants to do this because of the risk of the hbc getting deleted BUT what if you buy a new game and have to upgrade???
Re: Upgrading Wii
December 16, 2009 01:42PM
You can install the last version of HBC and then upgrade your Wii. This version (1.0.6) of HBC won't be erased by Nintendo update (I did it last week-end on mine).
December 16, 2009 06:44PM
aidanharris
No one wants to do this because of the risk of the hbc getting deleted BUT what if you buy a new game and have to upgrade???

Only uneducated morons (no offence) don't want to update. There is no "risk" of HBC being deleted. If you have an old version it WILL be deleted. If you have the latest version it WONT be deleted. No risk involved. And the latest update is perfectly safe for homebrew, and anything can be done on the latest System Menu homebrew-wise. Also, its not hard to play a game without updating.
December 17, 2009 12:14AM
SifJar
aidanharris

Only uneducated morons (no offence) don't want to update. There is no "risk" of HBC being deleted. If you have an old version it WILL be deleted. If you have the latest version it WONT be deleted. No risk involved. And the latest update is perfectly safe for homebrew, and anything can be done on the latest System Menu homebrew-wise. Also, its not hard to play a game without updating.
To add to SifJar's post:

The only "risk" you have of "bricking" your wii when you update is if you like to pull the the power cord out the your outlet during updates. Otherwise, you're fine.
December 18, 2009 07:35PM
What if you have backup launcher channels installed as well as the latest homebrew channel - is it still safe to do the wiishop update?

I plan to softmod my wii but if i can't find bit trip. beat online i would like to buy it. Think my version is 3.1E.
December 18, 2009 09:03PM
Tomo442
What if you have backup launcher channels installed as well as the latest homebrew channel - is it still safe to do the wiishop update?

I plan to softmod my wii but if i can't find bit trip. beat online i would like to buy it. Think my version is 3.1E.

yeah its still safe to update if you have epic fail on your wii. backups arent supported here, nor is pirating WW games.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login