Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I want to update but i dont know if i should

Posted by delza_6170 
I want to update but i dont know if i should
December 25, 2009 01:02PM
I installed HBC and DVDx on my wii with 4.0 now im looking at updating to 4.2 but i dont know if that will brick my wii or it will effect it in any way. Can anyone please help?

Thanks
Re: I want to update but i dont know if i should
December 25, 2009 01:32PM
It's your choice, but DO NOT updating by Nintendo, you can use the safe updater to 4.1/4.2 on the site Wii-hacks this update your WII without the nintendo crap.
But i'm new too in WII-hacking i read ton's of faq's and tut's, important is read read, i've a week ago updated my WII 4.1e to 4.2e through the safe updater, and all running smootly.(sorry about my english, i'm dutch)
Good luck, dont forget read it better twice, then you will understand
December 25, 2009 02:21PM
And you are a noob. Go ahead update with nintendo. Just don't play jumprope or hang a man with your power cable.
December 25, 2009 03:16PM
west63
It's your choice, but DO NOT updating by Nintendo, you can use the safe updater to 4.1/4.2 on the site Wii-hacks this update your WII without the nintendo crap.
But i'm new too in WII-hacking i read ton's of faq's and tut's, important is read read, i've a week ago updated my WII 4.1e to 4.2e through the safe updater, and all running smootly.(sorry about my english, i'm dutch)
Good luck, dont forget read it better twice, then you will understand
You are riitarded.

You can just go ahead and update through Nintendo. You'll be fine. Homebrew will be fine.
December 25, 2009 04:57PM
Hi, I updated to 4.2U through the Wii updater and now my HB apps won't run. Any ideas on how to fix this?
December 25, 2009 05:05PM
What apps?
December 25, 2009 05:51PM
all of them... even WAD Manager. The Homebrew Channel starts and everything, I can see all the apps but when I click on them I just get a black screen and nothing happens.
December 25, 2009 05:53PM
Elaborate for me one more time and list at least 2 or 3 of "all of them". I think I know what the problem is...
December 25, 2009 06:05PM
Sorry, I jumped to a conclusion. Just the USB Loaders no longer work. I ran a few of my apps and this is whats happening.
Ok. So I start the HB Channel and view my list:
Apps That No Longer Work After Update
1. USB Loader 1.1 (Waninkoko)- I click on it and I get a black screen and my Wii controller looses connection.
2. CoverFloader v1.2 - I click on it and I get a black screen and my Wii controller looses connection.
3. SD/USB Loader 1.5 - I click on it and I get a black screen and my Wii controller looses connection.

Apps That Still Work
1. Geko - Runs
2. cIOS - Runs
3. GeeBox - Runs but crashes on load.
4. Homebrew Browser - Runs

All the SD/USB Loaders won't work :( I need them.
December 25, 2009 06:07PM
We can't help you. You shouldn't need them.
December 25, 2009 06:09PM
intregrisist
Just the USB Loaders no longer work.

All the SD/USB Loaders won't work :( I need them.
So my theory was correct, just applications that allow for warez were hurt.

As you must know, we dont allow discussion of those applications here.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.