Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9x gx? In-game saves?

Posted by SuperShineKid 
Snes9x gx? In-game saves?
December 29, 2009 05:31PM
Hi. I'm new to this forum...
I just recently downloaded the homebrew channel on my wii. It was pretty simple, really...but anyway.
I'm using Chrono Trigger as a test: I did an in-game save, but when I load the game back up, it acts as if I never saved and takes me to the ATB mode selection screen, when you first start a new game. (not a new game +)

So, I'm just wondering... how do I arrange the emulator and game folders in my SD card so that I can do in-game saves successfully? (I have a 2-gig)
Re: Snes9x gx? In-game saves?
December 29, 2009 06:20PM
Hey this is legowars from the other forums, are you saving a snapshot? That is what a save state is, when I was newbier I couldn't figure out how to save a state becausei wasn't used to the wording.
December 29, 2009 07:07PM
Thanks...but no, I'm not using a snapshot. I'm saving in-game: not with save states. I cant load up my in-game save file...
December 29, 2009 07:22PM
Also: when I download Snes9x Gx, it only comes with four folders inside after I extract it to my SD card:
-boot.dol
-icon
-meta
-readme

I'm guessing since I don't have a folder for roms, OR saves.... that's why? Then why doesn't it come with a folders for those?
December 29, 2009 07:56PM
do you have a folder on the root named snes9x and in ther you have two folders: roms and saves?
December 29, 2009 08:05PM
I made folders with those names...actually, I tried something different, and it worked. I just went to the emulator's settings, and changed it around a little: I made it so that the folder it loads games, (and apparently, the saves they have made) and the folder that loads save states are the folders that I made for them. I dont know why it wouldnt do that automatically...
December 29, 2009 08:12PM
Wait, shouldnt I have an "apps" folder in the root of my SD card with snes9xgx in that? That's what I've been doing...
Where do the roms and saves folders go? Will the still work if I made them?
December 29, 2009 08:43PM
yes your SD card dhould have E:/apps/Snes9x/boot.dol and icon.png and meta.xml
December 30, 2009 02:54AM
Okay, I think I got it... I think changing the settings on the emulator is what helped me. I've got:
Root: "apps" folder
apps: snes9xgx
snes9xgx: roms, saves, boot.dol, icon, meta, settings...

So yeah. Okay, do I put the DCIM and private folders which have my AC:CF folders and Wii VC games back into the root of the SD?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login