Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just got a Wii for Xmas.

Posted by FTALIFER 
Just got a Wii for Xmas.
January 03, 2010 01:48AM
I just got thge Wii for Xmas and found this website. I followed the steps for Bannerbomb and now have the Homebrew channel on my Wii. I was wondering if its possible to download Homebrewed apps and games onto an external Notebook drive and play them from it? My Wii came with version 3.4 software and I have not updated it yet. Is there any reason to do an update?

Thanks for any help.
Re: Just got a Wii for Xmas.
January 03, 2010 02:10AM
You will be able to use some apps from an external hard drive, but not all. You'll just have to test and see if the work. If not, then you'll have to use an SD card.

FTALIFER
Is there any reason to do an update?
There's no reason not to update, so you may as well....You do get the SD card channel, which is pretty nifty. :P

Feel free to ask more questions if you need help. :)

Edit: I also suggest (in case you haven't already) installing bootmii as boot2 and making a NAND backup. You can install it through the Hackmii Installer.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 02:12AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 03, 2010 03:03AM
Thank you for the info. I was also told I may need a USB loader to use the external hard drive. I have benn and FTA hobbiest for years and since that is now limited I was looking for something else to fill the void. Look forward to the new endevuer.
January 03, 2010 02:09PM
USB Loaders (and any other backup loaders in fact) are not supported here. You do not need one for homebrew purposes.
January 03, 2010 03:23PM
FTALIFER
I was also told I may need a USB loader to use the external hard drive.

Whoever said that knows nothing about homebrew, just saying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login