Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Threatening update, but I may have too...

Posted by JeweledAce 
Threatening update, but I may have too...
January 03, 2010 07:31AM
I'm sorry if this has been posted a million times before, but currently, I had installed the HB Channel and DVDx through the Hackmii Installer, but not BootMii. My family asked me to check the WiiShop channel to buy a game for us, and I think our new Wii Fit + has an update as well...
So, I am currently using System 4.0, and using BB I installed only the HBC and DVDx, but not BootMii.
I was wondering if it would be safe to update to get to use the shop channel, because the update basically can be summed up as, "We will be searching for Homebrew on your system. If we find Homebrew on your system, we will make it dysfunctional immediately or soon."
So I was wondering if it is safe to install the update, or if there is some alternatives, or that maybe I should get BootMii and make a backup (although I don't exactly know how).
Any help for my situation, please?
Re: Threatening update, but I may have too...
January 03, 2010 07:32AM
it's been said a million times yes it is completely safe to update.
January 03, 2010 02:05PM
The update is safe, and also easy to avoid. However, as it is safe, just accept the update, and I won't bother explaining how to avoid it.
January 04, 2010 05:16AM
It is also against the law for Nintendo to "make your Wii dysfunctional" through an update. If they do input a code in their updates to brick systems, then they would HAVE to repair/replace ALL affected Wiis for free, whether or not they did have modifications.

Also, they can't force an update on you. They always give you a reminder that there's an update available. If you're afraid of a brick, just backup your homebrew, uninstall HBC, DVDx, and BootMii, update, and reinstall it using BannerBomb v2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2010 05:18AM by Mestizo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login