Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MPlayer not reading DVDs

Posted by Nicholas482109 
MPlayer not reading DVDs
January 06, 2010 03:20AM
I just installed Homebrew Channel using Bannerbomb v2 and i installed DVDx. I put MPlayerWii on it but I wasn't sure how to use it so i put on MPlayer TT. When I go to DVD Player then Play DVD the dics tray lights up and makes some noise but nothing ever happens. When I press the home button it shows a DOS-like screen and one line has something about not being able to load the DVD, something about not finding a file in a directory.

Does anyone know whats going on with it? I tried it on 2 retail DVDs and like 5 burned dvds.
Can MPlayerWii play DVDs? should i trying playing media on a usb drive with MPlayerWii?
Re: MPlayer not reading DVDs
January 06, 2010 03:30AM
If you did any reading at all, you would know that MPlayerTT doesn't work with the latest DVDX, nor does MPlayerWii. You should be using MPlayer CE.
January 06, 2010 03:33AM
Also you probably have one of the newer wii's that don't read DVD's altogether. when did you get your wii?
January 06, 2010 05:56AM
Well that makes sense, I only skimmed the requirements pages on the application. Also, my wii isn't new I bought it early 07, I'm going to go try it now.
January 06, 2010 06:26AM
Oh then yeah it's Mplayer CE you require, that's the only problem.
January 06, 2010 08:30AM
Tried it and it works fine, thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login