Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Boot.elf not loaded

Posted by Angie21m 
Boot.elf not loaded
January 15, 2010 12:05AM
Hi, I got me a new wii at a good price on ebay after my original wii sd card slot wouldn't work and this one does whoo hoo. But after the scammed message I get boot.elf could not be loaded. I think that is what it said. It's on there. And I redownloaded it formated the sd card before I put it on there. I have the two folders on there private and the other one. What did I do wrong? Maybe I can get this thing going tonight. I am so excited. It's version 3.4
Re: Boot.elf not loaded
January 15, 2010 12:06AM
The other folder? Is boot.elf in there?
January 15, 2010 12:17AM
The private folder has the content bin. And hackmii one has the boot.elf Does boot.elf have to be in both folders?
January 15, 2010 12:28AM
Boot.elf has to be on the root.
January 15, 2010 12:30AM
I put boot.elf outside of the private folder and it worked. This is so great. I got the channel now. Thanks for all your help.
January 15, 2010 12:30AM
It was really fast to install. And super easy once you get it going.
January 15, 2010 01:50AM
A couple more questions. It says network not initialized? When I load a game it doesn't do anything. The menu button works in the homebrew channel. I know I don't click on launch boot mii.
January 15, 2010 01:51AM
Also does the sd card have to be in everything I use the hb channel?
January 15, 2010 01:54AM
Also the two icon things at the bottom the second one keeps flashing and then quits after a while.
January 15, 2010 03:08AM
Angie21m
A couple more questions. It says network not initialized? When I load a game it doesn't do anything. The menu button works in the homebrew channel. I know I don't click on launch boot mii.
If its says network not initialized...It means your wii isn't hooked up to the internet. You can connect your wii to wi-fi through the system settings.
What game are you loading that doesn't do anything?

Angie21m
Also does the sd card have to be in everything I use the hb channel?
...Pretty much.

Angie21m
Also the two icon things at the bottom the second one keeps flashing and then quits after a while.
The icon with the little picture of earth on it signifies your internet connection. If the icon is lit up, it means you're connected to the internet. If the icon is not lit up, it means you're not connected to the internet.

And the icon with the little picture of a gecko...You don't really need to worry about that. :)
January 15, 2010 04:15AM
Do I have to be connected to the internet to use the homebrew browser? I got the apps thing down. But it's still not letting me play any games on the hb channel. How does it show up if there is a disc in there that will play?
January 15, 2010 04:17AM
I will try loading a game with the sd card in. To play it do I press start once I am in the hb channel?
January 15, 2010 04:17AM
Angie21m
Do I have to be connected to the internet to use the homebrew browser? I got the apps thing down. But it's still not letting me play any games on the hb channel. How does it show up if there is a disc in there that will play?
You do need an internet connection for the Homebrew Browser. What disc are you planning to play through the Homebrew Channel?
January 15, 2010 04:28AM
If I understand this correctly, you're putting a disk in the drive, starting up the HBC, and expecting the disk to load? Thats not how things work, mah friend.

Edit: BTW, please stop double posting. Just use the "Edit" button instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 04:29AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 15, 2010 05:06AM
sorry. How do things work? Thanks so much.

One of the games I am trying to play is wii sports resort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 05:29AM by Angie21m.
January 15, 2010 05:15AM
What disc are you planning to play?
January 15, 2010 05:53AM
Angie21m
One of the games I am trying to play is wii sports resort.
Why can't you play it through the disc channel then?
January 15, 2010 07:09AM
Angie21m
How do things work? Thanks so much.
You put the disk in the disk channel, and then launch the game. Unless it is a pirated copy, which we wouldn't help you with anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login