Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could you tell me what exactly i have on my wii

Posted by JustaShmoe 
Could you tell me what exactly i have on my wii
January 15, 2010 02:55AM
I think my main problem is that I am not sure exactly what I have on my system. a friend soft modded my wii and I was at 3.2u. I had homebrew, gamma channel, and the regular wii channels (mii channel, weather, internet, etc.) when the 4.2 updated games came along. We couldn't play any of our new games because we needed an update but i was fearful of updating without him. He tried emailing me some updates to put on my sd card but somewhere along the way things got messed up. And to make matters worse now he won't return a call. So I am left to get this thing put back together. if I list what I can tell are both on my wii and on my sd card you would be able tell me first if these things seem like they go together or if you see a red flag. I don't know exactly what a uloader is for and why i can only launch games thru the gamma channel if i go through the homebrew channel first. if i click the gamma channel icon that appears from the wii menu it will go black, but if i click the homebrew icon from the wii menu and then choose gamma channel i can use it to make my store bought games work (with the exception of guitar hero 5 and rockband instruments other than mic but thats for another day i figure)

my homebrew channel consists of:

cIOS 222 installer v4 - cIOS for uLoader
cIOS Installer - install cIOS
Dop-IOS MOD - Mod of Dop IOS
Neogamma - Play wii games (NeoGamma R8 beta 15, IOS249 (Rev 16)
Trucha Bug Restorer
/apps/cIOS38 Revision 16boot.dol
/apps/IOS61_shop_miiinstaller/boot.elf
/apps/Priiloaderboot.dol
/apps/Wad Manager/boot.dol
-------------------------------------------
When I click on the sd card while in the wii i get the screen asking if i want to load boot.dol/elf
if I click yes it shows me a screen indicatin this software must not be sold neither alone nor as part of a bundle.......etc.
press 1 to continue and then i get the hackmii installer v0.6
if I click no, i see "bannerbomb" in the first sd card menu (that is the only thing there)

i clicked on bannerbomb once but never pushed start after that (don't know if thats relavent)
I was told i have bootmii as boot2. when i turn on my computer with the sd card in it goes right to the dark gray screen with the 4 squares. (i was told that as long as i have that i am out of harms way, so now that i have to do this update and it will be gone until I put it back. ugh, just the thought of that. and then if you have the courage to even answer this post i will send another asking how exactly NAND back up works. Thanks for your trouble. you have no idea how greatful I am for this site.
Re: Could you tell me what exactly i have on my wii
January 15, 2010 03:04AM
Basically, your friend installed a bunch of crap on your wii (cIOSs, backup loaders). He probably made some other modifications you don't even know about. Most of the stuff he installed is for piracy, which is unsupported here.
January 15, 2010 03:10AM
do you think i would be better off deleting it all and starting fresh?
January 15, 2010 03:11AM
Yes. :)
January 15, 2010 03:14AM
ok, however, can you tell me what on that list i should "not" remove?
January 15, 2010 03:19AM
Remove the ones in bold:

cIOS 222 installer v4 - cIOS for uLoader
cIOS Installer - install cIOS

Dop-IOS MOD - Mod of Dop IOS
Neogamma - Play wii games (NeoGamma R8 beta 15, IOS249 (Rev 16)
Trucha Bug Restorer

/apps/cIOS38 Revision 16boot.dol
/apps/IOS61_shop_miiinstaller/boot.elf

/apps/Priiloaderboot.dol
/apps/Wad Manager/boot.dol

Simply deleting the apps will not uninstall everything, though. You will have to manually uninstall the cIOSs. I think that you could just do this by re-installing the normal versions of the IOSs by using Dop-IOS MOD. Once you load Dop-IOS MOD, install IOS222 and IOS249.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2010 03:19AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 15, 2010 03:23AM
You could leave TBR but Dop-IOS MOD can do the exact same thing.
January 15, 2010 03:37AM
Crisco
You could leave TBR but Dop-IOS MOD can do the exact same thing.
Yeah, thats why I told him to delete it. Dop-IOS MOD=Win.
January 15, 2010 03:43AM
Speaking of which, we have beta on the downloads page which automates the TBR process with a single button press once again thanks to Lunatik.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login