Disk Read Error
January 18, 2010 08:32PM
I looked over a post from Afroman saying almost the same thing about their Wii not reading disks. Mine has the same problem, though I think mine is more dire. I did not update my Wii since I installed Homebrew (I think it was 4.6...can't remember, sorry) but I now can't play games I was able to before. There is usually a simple error saying that the system cannot read the disk, but occasionally a game takes me to a black screen where the only option is to turn off the Wii. I thought I uninstalled Homebrew before I sent it in to get repaired (btw: it was a launch-system that never had a warrenty) and they discovered I had homebrew on it. I'm at a loss, they say they refuse to fix it because "a system that has been altered is permanently damaged and cannot be brought back to its original working condition." Any help would be unbelievable.
Re: Disk Read Error
January 18, 2010 08:55PM
Well if you want to take the risks you could try to replace the disc drive yourself.
Re: Disk Read Error
January 18, 2010 09:04PM
A third party repair shop could fix it for you if you do not feel comfortable doing the repair work yourself. Some sell the parts as well as the labor others require that you provide the parts. I suggest you go with one that sells the parts and installs them, but that is just my opinion. I had to have a drive repaired as well as some other stuff done and had great luck with [modchipman.com] I highly reccomend them. Though I have not used other services so I cannot offer a comparison but I can say they did a good job and are legit so if you go the 3rd party repair route at least you know of one safe place to turn. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask me and I will do my best to help. Later.

Elmoreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login