Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC and disc channel won't load after 4.2u update

Posted by dirtrider73068 
HBC and disc channel won't load after 4.2u update
January 19, 2010 06:11AM
Ok I am certain I don't have any kind of brick from what I have read so hope this is in the right spot. Here goes my story, trying to keep it short and sweet. I had sys menu 3.2 when this all started, got HBC to latest version, ran like that for a bit then decided I wanted to update so I could be up to par since reading going 4.2 wasn't a big problem. But since updating through the sys menu, I can no longer load HBC, its just a black screen looking at you, I figured ok, if it was like updating HBC I had to let it sit and rest so to say, and then it would load. This is not the case, it refuses to load at all. The next problem I have discovered is the disc channel will not load either, pulls same stunt as HBC, insert disc (it is in the right way!) can see the icon wii sports to be exact, point and click and voodoo, the black screen and nothing. I wouldn't think it would be a brick of any kind since everything else works, my loaded game channels(previous owner had onslaught, midnight pool, and some putt putt golf, loaded as channels), dunno where or how he done it, and right now don't care. I can access my NES emulator, it loads goes to the screen to pick what game to play. The previous owner could have done a soft mod but am unsure, I do know and have seen a USB loader channel, don't know what that is but from what I can tell its used to load things from a usb driven storage device. Can it be removed? Can whatever he may have installed to use for piracy be removed? Would these or knowing that he could have done a you tube style mod have something loaded that is causing said issues? And how hard would it be to fix? Oh also I can access the sd card menu on the main sys menu channel screen, but the files on the card do not show up, though I didn't flip through 20pgs to see. Would that stuff have to be on the root of sd card to show up in the sd card menu? Hope that wasn't too long, if any more info is needed I will see what i can give ya'll, and hope this can be fixed.
Re: HBC and disc channel won't load after 4.2u update
January 19, 2010 06:19AM
To fix the HBC, run the HackMii Installer with bannerbomb [v2] and reinstall the HBC.
You probably have some IOS problems but I can't explain how to fix right now as I'm not on my computer.. I'll let someone else handle that
January 19, 2010 06:22AM
SO when I did the HBC update, and then the menu update, it still how to say crashed HBC, even though it was current version. I have the HBC channel still, it just won't load, so could I just use hackmii to uninstall and reinstall HBC? Or to get it back I will need to follow the instructions per the wiibrew page?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 06:23AM by dirtrider73068.
January 19, 2010 06:25AM
Yes, the problem is that your HBC was configured to run of one IOS before the System Update and after the update, that IOS was no longer usable. So reinstalling the HBC will allow it to run of a usable IOS.
January 19, 2010 06:28AM
Ok cool so to be able to do that I need to put what part of the hackmii installer on the root of the sd card so it will be read in the sd card menu? Since that is going to be the only way I can access the sd card. If I remember right its the boot.elf file? I may have to go back to the wiibrew pafe and read up on it.
January 19, 2010 06:32AM
Yes, you put the boot.elf on the root of your SD card and put the 'private' folder from bannerbomb v2 on the root also.
January 19, 2010 06:34AM
Cool sounds simple enoughI will that a go at least get HBC back, maybe somebody will chime in with help for the disc channel probem.
Thanks
January 19, 2010 01:23PM
The disc channel error is coming from a broken IOS. The system is trying to load it, but failing.

After you reinstall the HBC, if you can at all, use Dop-IOS MOD to replace all of your IOSes with their unmodified versions.
January 20, 2010 12:03AM
How will I be able to tell which is a unmodified version of an IOS?
January 20, 2010 12:25AM
Dop-IOS MOD will ask you if you want to apply patches. Choose not to apply any of them.
January 20, 2010 12:53AM
Hot dog, I got HBC back, and am now inside dop-ios-mod v9. Which IOS do i need to install there is one that says used by system menu 4.2. Do I need to put IOS 30 v1040 again?
January 20, 2010 01:11AM
IOS60, IOS61, or IOS36 are the best choices. I'm not entirely sure if 61 will be used by the HackMii Installer, however, so pick 60 or 36.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 01:12AM by WikiFSX.
January 20, 2010 01:15AM
Well if at the beginning I choose to use ios36 to load with, I can't insall it right? So I will need to use a ios other than 60,61, or 36 to load with?
January 20, 2010 01:47AM
My HBC is on IOS 61 and there were absolutely no modifications to it what soever. Doesn't the hackmii installer choose the highest stable IOS or is it not numerical.
January 20, 2010 02:06AM
Highest stable IOS.

@dirtrider: Right. You can't install the IOS that you have started with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 02:06AM by WikiFSX.
January 20, 2010 02:11AM
So if somehow though I'm possible you had a stable IOS 100 it would choose that over the equally stable IOS 99
January 20, 2010 02:19AM
So what I will have to do is use 36 to load, 60, 61, then back out use another IOS to load, and install 36? Is there certain versions of those ISO's that need loaded or just the 60,61,36?
January 20, 2010 04:39AM
I have had no luck trying to install IOS 60, it gets to where its going to install then fails, says v6400 (stub) currently installed. Tried IOS 70 again, but it blacked out the HBC had to redo it again, can't use IOS 30 to load it just freezes at loading IOS......, so now what should I try?
January 20, 2010 04:55AM
IOS 30 and 60 are stubs, so you can't use them. An IOS can't be downgraded without being fakesigned. Since you are attempting to downgrade IOS 60 (the usable version that Dop-IOS Mod can install is older than the stub that you have) you need to run Dop-IOS Mod on an IOS with the trucha bug. However, you don't need to downgrade any IOSes, so this is unnecessary.

Just run Dop-IOS Mod on IOS 36 and install all of the IOSes that you can (IOS 70 is not necessary since it already works). If this works, you should not need to reinstall IOS 36. If this does not work, run Dop-IOS Mod on any non-stub IOS, install IOS 36, and try again.
January 21, 2010 12:18AM
jbc007
IOS 30 and 60 are stubs, so you can't use them. An IOS can't be downgraded without being fakesigned. Since you are attempting to downgrade IOS 60 (the usable version that Dop-IOS Mod can install is older than the stub that you have) you need to run Dop-IOS Mod on an IOS with the trucha bug. However, you don't need to downgrade any IOSes, so this is unnecessary.

Just run Dop-IOS Mod on IOS 36 and install all of the IOSes that you can (IOS 70 is not necessary since it already works). If this works, you should not need to reinstall IOS 36. If this does not work, run Dop-IOS Mod on any non-stub IOS, install IOS 36, and try again.

But this is problem, if I try to run a IOS that it doesn't need or won't work, it goes to "loading IOS......." then stops, restart the wii and I don't have HBC, so then I have to rerun bannerbomb and hackmii reinstall HBC, open dop ios mod and try another. What I need to know is if there is a way to tell what IOS's I have to have to install, what I have seen in dop ios mod is most work with system menu 2.2 or any of 3.0 versions, then they run in mario galaxy, and other mario games. It was either 60 or 61 it tried to install but failed, it downloaded it but that was as far as it got. What is the lowest IOS I can start at installing and go from there? And what IOS can I run on and not have to install so I don't have to stop close out and open with a differnet IOS to get the first IOS I ran with installed if that makes sense.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login