Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HBC and disc channel won't load after 4.2u update

Posted by dirtrider73068 
Re: HBC and disc channel won't load after 4.2u update
January 21, 2010 01:06AM
In the interest of keeping things simple, I recommend that you use Dop-IOS Mod to patch IOS 36. To do this, choose the install an IOS that accepts fakesigning option. You should use the latest version of Dop-IOS Mod for this.

After patching IOS 36, you can run Dop-IOS Mod on it to install all of the other IOSes (again, there is no need to install IOS 70). There should be no errors, and you will be able to downgrade IOSes (normally this is a bad idea, but, it is usually OK to downgrade system menu IOSes, such as IOS 60). You do not need to reinstall IOS 36 after this, since it will be reinstalled when you patch it.
January 21, 2010 01:56AM
Ok the one thing I am worried about with this is it says on the main screen that improper use can lead to a bricked wii. I don't want to brick my wii since I can still use part of it. The latest version of dop ios mod I have seen is v10 right?

Now I want to make sure I have this right. Load dop, then at the first screen pick to accept fakesigning, after that chose 36 to run on and then install 60,61. Or should I install all the IOS's that I can or need if I can figure that out? I also have the hackmii installer log from when I had to reload HBC with hackmii, if that would help. Once these tunderstorms go pass I will give it try.
January 21, 2010 02:10AM
Install 36 with fakesigning, pick it at the first screen, and finally install the old version of 60 and the new of 61, both without patches.

Do that, and your Wii will not brick.
January 21, 2010 03:32AM
Ok still need help, got dop modv10 chose faksigning, it then ask
IOS 36 menu
IOS 37menu
dongrade IOS15
restore IOS 15
show boot2 info yes
exit

I chose IOS 36 menu, it then said
install patched IOS 36
install IOS to slot: 36
patch has check (trucha): yes
patch es_identify: yes
patch nand permissions: no

so I pressed A to continue, and it got to the install part and said something about needing to downgrade to IOS to use with trucha or something its what it was for 100% installation failed!

Did I do something wrong? Or choose the wrong option to go with? I have msn and yahoo messager if somebody wanted to im me through the process if that would be easier.
January 21, 2010 03:59AM
Downgrade IOS15 first, then start up that section of Dop-IOS MOD with IOS15 and install IOS36. Update IOS15 when you are done. I would patch it so you have two patched IOSes and can update them easily.
January 21, 2010 04:18AM
After all that do I still need to go back and install 60, and 61 to fix my disc channel problem or will it work without haveing to do 60,61. And when you say update IOS 15 do I pick the option to restore IOS 15, or do I go back reopen dop mod run IOS 36 and chose IOS 15 to update it? Sorry for all the questions, just makeing sure I am understanding it all and learning everything I can so I know what to do if it happens again.

EDIT: I got IOS15 downgraded, it then when back to the HBC page I opened dop mod went with IOS to load and tried to install IOS 36, twice, both times I picked yes and no, on the sig hash patch and the es_identify and both times it would initialize the network, on the second try picking no it said I need network to connect to sorry then went back to HBC page open dop mod again, this time went with IOS to load, picked IOS 36 to install, got far as preparations complete installing then it stops at es_addtitlestart returned: -2011
you need to use an IOS with trucha bug.
That's what the IOS15 dongrade is good for...
100% installation failed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 04:49AM by dirtrider73068.
January 21, 2010 04:33AM
Restart Dop IOS and run on 36. Then update IOS 15.
January 21, 2010 04:48AM
That IOS36 he has installed lacks the Trucha bug.
January 21, 2010 04:49AM
Crisco
Restart Dop IOS and run on 36. Then update IOS 15.

See my edit, what would that do since I had to downgrade IOS 15 to install IOS 36, even still I can't get IOS 36 to install. Or does IOS 15 now need to updated then Load with IOS 15 and install IOS36?
January 21, 2010 04:49AM
Load with IOS15.

Updating the IOS, as the IOS would then lack the Trucha bug, would cause it to fail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 04:50AM by WikiFSX.
January 21, 2010 04:50AM
WikiFSX
That IOS36 he has installed lacks the Trucha bug.

Does that mean I need trucha bug to install IOS36?
January 21, 2010 05:12AM
No. That means that, at this time, you do not (to my knowledge) have the Trucha bug in IOS36. If you managed to restore the Trucha bug to IOS36, you would have it.

The reason I think you need the Trucha bug is that you need to install a functioning IOS60 on 4.2. This topic has diverged so much I can't remember what it was about.
January 21, 2010 06:03AM
It started with my HBC channel not wanting to load I fixed that, but my disc won't any games, If I put wii sports in it goes to a black screen and thats what I need to fix if that get us back on track.
January 21, 2010 03:56PM
I have not used Dop-IOS Mod to restore the trucha bug, so I am not entirely sure what you will see when doing it. However, you need to downgrade IOS 15. Then you need to run Dop-IOS Mod on IOS 15 and have it install IOS 36 with all the patches. Finally, restore IOS 15. If I am not mistaken, all of this is done in the install an IOS that accepts fakesigning section.

After patching IOS 36, run Dop-IOS Mod on IOS 36 and install the latest available versions of all the IOSes except 36 and 70.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 03:57PM by jbc007.
January 21, 2010 11:53PM
First, skip that and just try to install the latest IOS9.
January 21, 2010 11:53PM
dirtrider73068

EDIT: I got IOS15 downgraded, it then when back to the HBC page I opened dop mod went with IOS to load and tried to install IOS 36, twice, both times I picked yes and no, on the sig hash patch and the es_identify and both times it would initialize the network, on the second try picking no it said I need network to connect to sorry then went back to HBC page open dop mod again, this time went with IOS to load, picked IOS 36 to install, got far as preparations complete installing then it stops at es_addtitlestart returned: -2011
you need to use an IOS with trucha bug.
That's what the IOS15 dongrade is good for...
100% installation failed.

But it won't work as I have said before. I have tried i tboth ways, fakesiging, and not fakesigning and get the same results. It won't install IOS 36.
January 21, 2010 11:55PM
WikiFSX
First, skip that and just try to install the latest IOS9.

Ok I will give that a go. I have the installer log from hackmii when I had to reinstall HBC if that would make any difference in helping get the right IOS working to run the disc channel.
January 22, 2010 01:16AM
Reinstalling IOS 9 will fix the issue with Wii Sports and other games that use IOS 9. However, if the issue is also with games that use other IOSes, those games still will not work properly.
January 22, 2010 01:35AM
IOS 9 didn't work, it started to install it does its thing, with 1 /...... then goes back to dop mod screen where I picked IOS's to install from. it says IOS 9 is install with v778.
January 22, 2010 03:40PM
Try using Trucha Bug Restorer to patch IOS 36. Then run Dop-IOS Mod again on IOS 36.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login