Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Complete Newbie to HBC

Posted by Psywing 
Complete Newbie to HBC
January 22, 2010 06:25PM
EDIT: Oh, geez, I just realized I posted this in 'General'
Can someone move this to the correct forum, please?

Hi there. I had a few questions about the Homebrew channel, actually, more than just a few.
I recently heard about it a few days ago and it got me interested, but I'm still not entirely sure what it's all about.

Like I said, I'm a complete newbie to this, and I've been wondering about certain things:

What exactly is Wii Homebrew?
What can it be used for; some recommended applications for it?
How do I install it?
I heard that I need an SD card, but can I install from a USB Mass Storage device?
Once I've installed it, do I need to keep my storage device connected to my Wii?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2010 06:27PM by Psywing.
Re: Complete Newbie to HBC
January 22, 2010 11:31PM
Psywing
What exactly is Wii Homebrew?
Read this page:
[wiibrew.org]

Psywing
What can it be used for; some recommended applications for it?
Gecko OS, MPlayer CE, and The Homebrew Browser are my favorites. With Gecko OS, you can boot games from different regions and apply codes to your games. It also has a few other cool features. MPlayer CE is a media player, and The Homebrew Browser can be used to download a lot of the applications that are available in the wiibrew community.

Psywing
How do I install it?
[wiibrew.org]
Read up on that page. If you need more help, just ask. :)

Psywing
I heard that I need an SD card, but can I install from a USB Mass Storage device?
No.

Psywing
Once I've installed it, do I need to keep my storage device connected to my Wii?
Yes.

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask more questions if you need to.
Re: Complete Newbie to HBC
January 22, 2010 11:41PM
Well you need to have some storage device if you plan to use apps, but you don't need it in all the time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login