Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

remove SD after installing hackmii

Posted by WalangAlam 
remove SD after installing hackmii
January 23, 2010 03:15PM
Im a total noob. If Im going to remove the SD that I use activate Bannerbomb and install Hackmii installer, will the mod still be there? where do the homebrews get installed to?
Re: remove SD after installing hackmii
January 23, 2010 03:33PM
After you install the stuff you want with Bannerbomb, you can do what you want with the SD card. If you plan to reuse the same SD card, be sure to get rid of the Bannerbomb boot file and the HackMii's private folder, otherwise the Wii will lock up if you try to manage SD card channel/save data.
January 23, 2010 04:35PM
The Homebrew Channel is stored on the Wii, as is DVDX. Homebrew apps are stored on the SD card. Mini and Ceiling Cat (the default things loaded by BootMii, often simply called "BootMii") are also stored on the SD card.
January 28, 2010 02:17AM
how about bootmii & priiloader where are they installed?
January 28, 2010 02:24AM
Bootmii is installed ontop of boot2 and priiloader is installed before the systemmenu.
January 28, 2010 02:34AM
WalangAlam
how about bootmii & priiloader where are they installed?
You have the option of installing bootmii either as an IOS or as boot2. If installed as boot2, some files are written to your SD card to make bootmii launch when you turn on your wii.
January 28, 2010 06:10AM
can you install it in the usb drive ? instead of the sd card ? I ran the homebrew channel apps and it doesn't see the usb drive at all ... how do I fix this ? thanks
January 28, 2010 06:12AM
notvtonight
can you install it in the usb drive ? instead of the sd card ? I ran the homebrew channel apps and it doesn't see the usb drive at all ... how do I fix this ? thanks
BootMii isn't able to be run from USB but some homebrew apps are. You set a USB drive up the same as an SD card ["apps" folder, etc.] and then you can run apps from the Homebrew Channel off of a USB drive (but this does not work with all apps).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login