Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb not working

Posted by Garzal 
Bannerbomb not working
February 27, 2010 02:23AM
I am trying to get HBC loaded onto my wii, the problem is everytime I do it either shows up as a question mark on my sd card menu or freezes when I go to it. I have system menu 4.2U, I have tried all the bannerbomb versions and I am using it with hackmii installer 6.0, I believe I have all the files in the correct directories.
Re: Bannerbomb not working
February 27, 2010 03:52AM
The files for bannerbomb and hackmii installer need to be on the root of the sd card, that is the blank area you first see on your sd card. To work them, turn your wii on first let it load up to the system menu then insert the sd card, it will ask you if you want to load boot.dol yes/no, tell it yes and then the hackmii installer will open up.
February 27, 2010 04:04AM
By watching videos that is what I can see, however when I do it, with all the various bannerbomb versions they either freeze on loading before the prompt comes up or it just shows the file as a question mark on my sd card. Sorry for not being specific in my first post. I did extract both of them to the root of the sd card and it IS formatted to FAT16.
February 27, 2010 04:08AM
If you are referring to those youtube videos those are fail, and will cause will problems then solve. If we start at the beginning, for menu 4.2 you need bannerbombv2, here is tutorial on the wiki that takes it step by step, [wiibrew.org] follow it and see if it helps. I had to follow it to rehack mine when I temporally lost HBC and I got it going first time.
February 27, 2010 05:03AM
That guide doesnt really show me anything new other than formatting my sd card, but its already in the right format so I don't think it will really help. I have been using v2 of banner bomb. I hope that I'm just not screwed on getting this to work.

EDIT EDIT: Okay I guess repetition is the key because I got it working after about 6 hours of cycling through all the versions of banner bomb...didnt change a thing...just happened to work one time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2010 07:27AM by Garzal.
February 27, 2010 01:50PM
bannerbomb tends to be somewhat finicky for some people.
February 27, 2010 05:57PM
Thats good I was going to say maybe it was the sd card that wasn't working right.
March 06, 2010 08:54PM
I also trying to get HBC loaded onto my Wii, i have system menu 3.0J. I follow every step teach me on [wiibrew.org].

My SD file system is FAT
I downloaded HackMii Installer v0.6 from [bootmii.org]
I copy boot.elf from hackmii_installer_v0.6 folder into my SD root folder
I downloaded bannerbomb v1 from [bannerbomb.qoid.us]
I copy private folder from bannerbomb v1 into my SD root folder
I power on your Wii and go to Data Management > Saved Data > Wii > SD Card tab and insert my SD card

The SD menu only show how many empty space in the SD card and nothing happen.
I tried check/uncheck the archive bit also did not help.

Do i did any wrong? Please advice.
March 06, 2010 09:19PM
You have to go to the channels section in data management, not saved data.
March 07, 2010 05:29PM
Thanks, jbc007!

Finally I had installed HBC into my Wii.
My system menu is in Japanese, so I confused on the button name. Thank you~
March 09, 2010 12:49AM
Hello guys, Im facing a problem in the bannerbomb installation method,

The confirmation popup shows up and It seems to be everything fine, but when I confirm `YES` the screens freeze on the SCAM WARNING SCREEN. ~Press 1 to continue~

I followed the bannerbomb steps:
-> When running the HackMii installer, I get the scam warning, but then it freezes/exits. Upgrade to the latest installer from bootmii.org.

And Im already using the latest version of hackmii, did I missed something?

Im using system version 3.1U.
Thanks...
March 09, 2010 12:50AM
Why not update to 4.2 and use bannerbomb v2.
March 09, 2010 12:56AM
I'll try it.

Thanks...
March 09, 2010 12:58AM
There really isn't any difference staying on anything lower, 4.2 gives you the option of accessing the sd card from the channel menu, it will be on the bottom left corner. Rather than going in the data management part.
March 09, 2010 01:13AM
My wii still updating atm, hehe. Hope it works :)
March 09, 2010 01:14AM
It should the update can take some time.
March 09, 2010 02:58AM
Aw,

I updated my Wii and after I have confirmed 'YES' in the msg popup it loads a black screen and the CD driver starts to blink...

What I need to do now? Lol...is my boot.elf file corrupted? I downloaded it from the official website...
March 09, 2010 03:04AM
[wiibrew.org] Is the tutorial on the homebrew setup [bannerbomb.qoid.us] is the bannerbomb v2, is this how you done yours? Follow the steps in that tutorial, if it still don't work the sd card could be bad and is not working right.
March 09, 2010 03:09AM
Make sure your SD Card is supported.

[wiibrew.org]
March 09, 2010 03:14AM
I'll try another card...just need to buy a new one, lol...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login