Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bannerbomb not working

Posted by Garzal 
Re: Bannerbomb not working
March 10, 2010 12:49AM
Hey guys,

I bought a 1GB Sandisk SD Card (Micro SD w/ SD card adapter) and Im getting the same error I was getting when I was running system v3.1U, the problem is:

The confirmation popup shows up and It seems to be everything fine, but when I confirm `YES` the screens freeze on the SCAM WARNING SCREEN. ~Press 1 to continue~

I'm using the abd6a_v200.zip from bannerbom oficial website and HackMii Installer v0.6 from the bootmii.org download page.

I think the SD card is ok because my wii don't freeze when I put the SD on the slot.

I don't know what to do lol.
March 10, 2010 01:30AM
Bannerbomb is obviously working fine; however, there may be a problem with a particular IOS. The issue is determining which one. If the Hackmii Installer created a log file, please post it. This file would be on the root of your SD card, and it is called installer.log or something like that.

Launch DOP-Mii through Bannerbomb and run it on an IOS with the trucha bug, since it will refuse to run on an unbugged IOS even if there is no need for the trucha bug (if your wii doesn't have a trucha bugged IOS, install IOS 36 with fakesigning, then run it it on IOS 36). Install the latest versions of all IOSes without patches. Then try the Hackmii Installer again.

You also could try scanning your wii with DOP-Mii. If it works, that information could be helpful to determine the cause of the problem. If you are unable to perform the scan with DOP-Mii (I get a code dump whenever I try it) you could use Sign Check instead.
March 10, 2010 07:11AM
How long are you waiting? it takes a little while to get the actual installation running, like 20-30 seconds. I ran into that "problem" the first time I tried to install homebrew.
March 11, 2010 12:09AM
In the last attempt I waited for about 2 minutes...
March 11, 2010 12:27AM
jbc007
... (if your wii doesn't have a trucha bugged IOS, install IOS 36 with fakesigning, then run it it on IOS 36). Install the latest versions of all IOSes without patches. ...

The hackmii installer does not created a log file...

I dont have the IOS36 installed, where do I find this IOS?

And how I install with fakesigning?

Thank in advance,

Akira.
March 11, 2010 12:38AM
DOP-Mii downloads IOSes, so you don't need to find them yourself. When you launch DOP-Mii, tell it to run on IOS 36. If it tells you to select an IOS that accepts fakesigning, select the option to install IOS 36 with fakesigning. Then have it run on IOS 36 again. This time it will work. It should be clear what to do when you launch DOP-Mii.
March 11, 2010 01:36AM
I have installed all the IOS'es without patch with DOP-Mii, the boot.elf (of Hackmii still freezing on the SCAM screen),

The LOG file for DOP-Mii is buggy, the program warn me that the log has been saved in the SD but there's nothing in the SD.
Same fot the SignCheck, no log file is generated...

There's one more thing I've noticed, all the other apps (excluding hackmii) runned on my Wii was in .dol, and they run "ok" in my Wii,
the hackmii one is in .elf... is there a .dol version of the current hackmii?
March 11, 2010 04:05AM
The .elf should work just fine, have you tried re downloading?
March 11, 2010 05:07AM
make sure the write protection switch on the SD card is not on
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login