Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uninstalling bootmii

Posted by maxpizza 
Uninstalling bootmii
March 20, 2010 09:47PM
I've searched forums and read blogs and I cannot find any direct explanation of how to uninstall Bootmii as a boot2. I'm sending my Wii back to Nintendo so they can repair a problem with the disc drive, and I'm not sure if they'll approve of the hacking that's been going on inside the console. So is there a way to totally liberate my Wii of the foreign stuff before Nintendo sees it?

Another thought: Will Nintendo get upset about or even see the modifications that Bootmii's made? Do I need to worry about this? Thanks a bajillion.
Re: Uninstalling bootmii
March 20, 2010 09:54PM
They won't know about BootMii if you take the SD card, but you can run the HackMii installer to uninstall BootMii
March 20, 2010 09:56PM
DISCLAIMER: I may not be the best person to ask.

With that said, I believe the HackMii installer can uninstall BootMii. If that is not the case, then I believe the best way to remove BootMii would be to run the 4.2 update from Nintendo, *Fail instructions removed*.

Nintendo may not choose to do warranty on your Wii if it is modified. I have heard cases where people with Wii's under warranty were charged for repairs because Nintendo found homebrew. With that said, I do not know if they can discover weather or not homebrew has been installed if it was removed. I do know that aside from charging you, there's really nothing they can do about you installing homebrew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2010 11:19PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
March 20, 2010 09:59PM
Don't downgrade. Just uninstall everything with the HackMii Installer
March 20, 2010 10:09PM
I'll try out the HackMii Installer. Thanks a lot fellas.
March 21, 2010 05:12PM
Also, if you take the SD card out, Nintendo still can tell that you have BootMii when the disk light flashes.
March 21, 2010 05:17PM
Perhaps you overestimate Nintendo's intelligence?
March 21, 2010 10:20PM
Arikado
Perhaps you overestimate Nintendo's intelligence?

This.

I mean, I sent my Wii to Nintendo with the HBC installed (this was before bootmii was released, and my SD card slot broke). They asked me if I had a problem if they deleted the unauthorized channel... I said ok, they removed HBC, fixed my wii, sent it back, and then I re-installed everything
March 21, 2010 10:46PM
They wouldn't do that now; their attitude has changed.
March 21, 2010 11:49PM
WikiFSX
They wouldn't do that now; their attitude has changed.

Really? This was way after bootmii was announced, they actually called me once bootmii got released. Right in the middle of the first "OH NOES MY WII IS MODDED WILL NINTY CHARGE ME" scare
March 22, 2010 12:06AM
More recently, some people have been charged for having the HBC installed.
March 22, 2010 12:48AM
AFAIK that's only one or two cases in Europe in which illegal stuff was found on the Wiis.

Of course, it's always better to play it safe and just uninstall everything before sending your Wii to them just in case.
March 22, 2010 03:20AM
Nintendo used to repair wiis that had homebrew, but in the past few months they started refusing to repair wiis if they found homebrew on them. A few people have reported this on this forum, but I can't remember where.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 03:20AM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login