Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

after wii mod, is it safe?

Posted by freegame36 
after wii mod, is it safe?
March 22, 2010 04:52PM
is it safe to compete against other people online while playing games after the wii is modded??
Re: after wii mod, is it safe?
March 22, 2010 06:19PM
As long as you don't cheat while playing online.
March 22, 2010 10:01PM
what is considered a wii mod?

like a custom wii theme or a custom in game menu selection? like what in your case is a mod?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2010 10:01PM by bobert094.
March 22, 2010 10:03PM
Anything that Nintendo does not endorse
March 22, 2010 10:05PM
The only thing that will result in your online services being restricted is using cheat codes while playing online. You WILL get permanently banned for doing this. And tbh, you really shouldn't, it ruins the experience for everyone else.
March 22, 2010 10:10PM
so you are saying that its like the new tokyo release of Conduit 2 or like that even though its not available to the public? or hmmm... i dont really know what you mean and btw i sent you a pm
March 23, 2010 05:06PM
let me clarify. I added homebrew channel with a few emulators....the kids like to play games against other people using the online(wifi) features. will this cause my wii to get bricked? or is this safe? will it affect my HB apps in anyway?
March 23, 2010 05:15PM
freegame36
let me clarify. I added homebrew channel with a few emulators....the kids like to play games against other people using the online(wifi) features. will this cause my wii to get bricked? or is this safe? will it affect my HB apps in anyway?
Yes, its perfectly safe.
March 23, 2010 05:19PM
ok. thank you for the direct answere...you guys are great.....
March 23, 2010 06:23PM
No console manufacturer would ever brick someone's console because of mods. The PR backlash would be devastating.

I don't think they can remove your homebrew while playing a game online either, because the system menu is the only software able to remove channels (without using IOS exploits)
March 23, 2010 06:34PM
Phredreeke
No console manufacturer would ever brick someone's console because of mods.

Actually, region changed Korean wiis are bricked with a 003 error if updated to 4.2. Nintendo did this intentionally, but they currently do not intentionally brick wiis for any other reason.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2010 06:35PM by jbc007.
March 23, 2010 09:10PM
jbc007
Phredreeke
No console manufacturer would ever brick someone's console because of mods.

Actually, region changed Korean wiis are bricked with a 003 error if updated to 4.2. Nintendo did this intentionally, but they currently do not intentionally brick wiis for any other reason.

Microsoft has also been known to brick people's 360s with updates if you have a modified drive firmware. Granted, the main point of modifying the drive firmware is to load pirated games, but that's still no reason to brick a console, in my opinion. I also don't like how they completely ban you from Xbox Live, just banning you from playing games on Live is more than enough. I say this, because then if I buy an Xbox Arcade game, I can't play it anymore, so they then shaft me out of my money.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login