Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

adding channes to wii menu

Posted by samd 
adding channes to wii menu
March 23, 2010 12:02PM
Is it possible for me to add a new channel to my wii menu, for example mplayer? saving me having to load through the 3 or 4 steps into home brew?
Re: adding channes to wii menu
March 23, 2010 01:22PM
Here's a great channel maker: CustomizeMii
March 23, 2010 04:57PM
It's generally not recommended to add your own channels because of the unstable bannerloading code in the system menu causing poorly coded banners to lock up the system.
March 23, 2010 06:11PM
There is absolutely no risk in installing custom channels if you have Priiloader or Bootmii installed as boot2.
March 23, 2010 09:07PM
Yeah, but it's important to note having Priiloder or Bootmii as Boot2. Without them, making/installing a channel can be/is pure suicide
March 23, 2010 11:49PM
If you have BootMii installed you can boot directly to HBC ;)

While we're on the topic of custom channels, you need to (AFAIK) have an exploitable IOS to install them, so if you have 3.4+ you're out of luck.
March 23, 2010 11:59PM
Phredreeke
While we're on the topic of custom channels, you need to (AFAIK) have an exploitable IOS to install them, so if you have 3.4+ you're out of luck.
Ohai DOP-Mii [code.google.com]
March 24, 2010 03:37AM
Arikado
Phredreeke

But Arikado, knowing about DOP-Mii would mean you've read up on the Wii and know what the Trucha Bug is and such (or in your case, wrote the app). Surely you can't mean that we should actually read and learn.
March 24, 2010 07:27AM
cactusjack901
Arikado
Phredreeke

But Arikado, knowing about DOP-Mii would mean you've read up on the Wii and know what the Trucha Bug is and such (or in your case, wrote the app). Surely you can't mean that we should actually read and learn.
euhm
no.

there are loads of TBR guides that (for once) are safe and do work
and dop mii can restore the trucha bug for you as well so you dont even need to know wtf trucha is. all you need to know is that you need it and then common sense should tell you enough
March 24, 2010 07:06PM
Just use DOP-Mii to install a IOS36 with FakeSign (a.k.a. Trucha Bug, it allows fake signed things, which would be the channels you want to make), use that IOS with the CustomizeMii installer, and then it will be on the Wii Menu.

(Get priiloader or BootMii before, kthx.)

Just thought sand should get the info he asked for. >.>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 07:07PM by hunterm.
March 26, 2010 12:20AM
Trucha Bug Restorer [wiibrew.org] also works well, and may be easier to use.
March 26, 2010 12:24AM
winmaster
Trucha Bug Restorer [wiibrew.org] also works well, and may be easier to use.
No, Dop-Mii is easier.
March 27, 2010 05:02AM
its easy...just search google for the channel you want....i found all my channels like that....all you have to do is put it on sd card in proper folder and load it...worked out great for me and i didnt have to worry about bricking my wii....just a thought
March 27, 2010 05:13AM
freegame36
its easy...just search google for the channel you want....i found all my channels like that....all you have to do is put it on sd card in proper folder and load it...worked out great for me and i didnt have to worry about bricking my wii....just a thought

I'll bet you 3/4th of those channels are illigal in some way. (banner, nandloader, etc.)
It is much safer to create your own channel with customizemii than to download ones from untrusted sources. -_-
March 27, 2010 05:21AM
hunterm
freegame36

I'll bet you 3/4th of those channels are illigal in some way. (banner, nandloader, etc.)
It is much safer to create your own channel with customizemii than to download ones from untrusted sources. -_-
Lol, yes, exactly.
March 27, 2010 05:51AM
WaxyPumpkin72
hunterm
freegame36

Lol, yes, exactly.
Personally, I don't concern myself with the legality of these custom channels. That applies to just me though, I'm sure many other people around here disagree with me, as they probably should (I have my own, personal, reasons for feeling the way I do, that I wouldn't particularly care to share). I like making my own channels however for 2 reasons. 1) I feel a much greater sense of safety as to whether or not the banner will cause a banner brick or not, and 2) I feel a greater sense of accomplishment, knowing that I made the channel myself
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login