Using DOP-Mii to update Wii Shop channel
March 29, 2010 04:36AM
I'm planning on updating my Wii Shop channel through DOP-Mii as it seems to be a fairly optimal method through what I've gathered. However, I don't fully understand the process (such as which IOS(s) I need to use/upgrade) and I don't want to make any mistakes. If someone could walk me through it, it would greatly appreciated. I will try to provide any necessary information.

Also, should I even attempt this before installing bootmii?
Re: Using DOP-Mii to update Wii Shop channel
March 29, 2010 05:11AM
The easiest thing to do would be to just do an official update.
March 29, 2010 06:05AM
I'll try to preemptively answer Sawbone's next questions:

Yes, Waxy is correct, the easiest thing to do is an official update.

No it is not dangerous to do an official update (so long as you don't pull the power cord out while updating).

Yes your homebrew will still work (you won't even have to reinstall so long as you have the latest HBC).

You can install bootmii before, but i think the new update overwrites it so you'll have to install it again afterward.
March 29, 2010 06:39AM
You should only need to update the Shop Channel and IOS61
March 29, 2010 01:13PM
I was mostly just concerned about the 4.1 update (currently on 4.0U). I suppose I'm not losing anything significant by upgrading to 4.2 right?
March 29, 2010 06:48PM
Sawbone_Vykker
I was mostly just concerned about the 4.1 update (currently on 4.0U). I suppose I'm not losing anything significant by upgrading to 4.2 right?
You'll be fine if you update to 4.2 (as mdbrim has already said).
March 29, 2010 07:26PM
Okay, just making sure. Thanks a lot, everyone.
March 29, 2010 07:31PM
no problem! let us know if you have any other questions.
June 21, 2010 07:37PM
So the best way to update the Wii Shop Channel is to perform a system menu update? I softmodded my wii while I was on 3.4 then updated to 4.1 through Nintendo. So it should be fine to update to 4.2 through Nintendo and I won't lose any of my softmodded files, such as HBC, hermes cios and waninkoko's cios etc...

Thanks in advance, I just don't wan a brick...
June 21, 2010 07:42PM
The 4.2 update won't remove anything worth keeping (aside from Bootmii/boot2, which can be reinstalled). However, it will remove some crap, which you are far better off without anyway. In short, just perform the update. There is nothing to worry about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2010 05:33AM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login