Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB loading question

Posted by mammajamma 
USB loading question
April 02, 2010 03:39AM
I know that some wii applications can use USB hard drives and such to load stuff, and I was wondering if an Ipod touch could be used as a portable hard drive and be compatible with wii homebrew stuff. I have an app (on the Ipod) that allows me to share and save files onto my ipod via Wifi, so getting the files on there wouldnt be a problem, I just would like to know if it works. thanks in advance!
Re: USB loading question
April 02, 2010 03:53AM
...I don't believe so.
April 02, 2010 03:54AM
If you have one, try.
April 02, 2010 01:24PM
I believe you can use iTunes to set your iPod to enable disk use (or something along those lines, not sure the exact wording in iTunes), which allows you to browse iPod like hard drive. Do that, and I think then it works. Not 100% sure you can do that with iPod Touch though, may only be older iPods...
April 02, 2010 08:10PM
SifJar
I believe you can use iTunes to set your iPod to enable disk use (or something along those lines, not sure the exact wording in iTunes), which allows you to browse iPod like hard drive. Do that, and I think then it works. Not 100% sure you can do that with iPod Touch though, may only be older iPods...
This can't be done on an iPod Touch. I know, its lame.

Edit:Changed use of the word iTouch to iPod Touch to make other users happy. ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 08:11AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
April 02, 2010 08:29PM
That sucks. Stupid Apple...do you know is it possible with a jailbroken iPod Touch?
April 02, 2010 08:34PM
SifJar
That sucks. Stupid Apple...do you know is it possible with a jailbroken iPod Touch?
I doubt it, but I'll go check..... I can't seem to find anything. You could SSH into the root of the ipod, and store files there. Would that help?
April 03, 2010 05:05AM
WaxyPumpkin72
SifJar
This can't be done on an iTouch. I know, its lame.

It'd be much easier to figure out though if there was a product named "iTouch"
April 03, 2010 07:09AM
cactusjack901
WaxyPumpkin72
SifJar
Yes, that bugs me too; It's iPod Touch. :P
Oh and it's the same with jailbroken ones too (Through USB at least; I don't know about anything else)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 07:12AM by bg4545.
April 03, 2010 08:14AM
bg4545
cactusjack901
WaxyPumpkin72
SifJar
Yes, that bugs me too; It's iPod Touch. :P
Oh and it's the same with jailbroken ones too (Through USB at least; I don't know about anything else)

Exactly, if you work for Apple and call it an iTouch, you get yelled at, too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login