Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I skipped the wii fit plus without updating or using a loader

Posted by airpac 
I skipped the wii fit plus without updating or using a loader
April 03, 2010 05:30PM
Hi, I've just bought the wii fit plus with the balance board. I'm running 3.4.

The first times I tried to insert the wii fit plus disc on the drive the disc channel asked for update. OK, normal, I've seen lots of topics about this.

At this point I did a syscheck and saved the csv file.

Next I clicked on the disc channel with the update, so it prompted a message asking to press start to continue with the update. It didn't give any option to go back to the system menu or to cancel the update.

I didn't want to do the update to without pressing the button to continue I turned the wii off.

Next I turned it on and inserted again the original disc. What was my surprised? That now it doesn't ask for update. It just works without asking for update.

To check what changed I did again a syscheck (1.6.1) to compare before and after rebooting the wii. All IOS are the same, with the same version, the system menu is the same. So nothing has changed, except, the number of titles, that now there's one more. Syscheck doesn't report for titles anything else than just the number.

So, the wii works fine, I have everything that I had before and now there's no need to update this title.

I guess this is a normal behaviour, but I want to comment it here because I haven't seen any topic about skiping the update included in wii fit plus with a solution different than update to 4.0, 4.1 or using gecko os or a loader for the original disc.

If anyone knows what title was installed or what it does it would clear what happened. To me it's like if that title would be a kind of mark to let the installer know if it has to update or not. Or just, if something should be removed or if there's nothing worry about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 05:43PM by airpac.
Re: I skipped the wii fit plus without updating or using a loader
April 03, 2010 08:15PM
It may be a new IOS that that version of Syscheck won't display for some reason. Many applications used to have issues where they wouldn't display anything they didn't recognize.
Re: I skipped the wii fit plus without updating or using a loader
April 04, 2010 10:24AM
The thing is that whatever the new title is, it's installed prior to do the system update, as I cancelled it not pressing the button to continue, turning the wii off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login