Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BootMii Risks

Posted by you878 
BootMii Risks
April 10, 2010 03:26PM
I have Wiimenu 4.2

1. What are the chances of bricking my wii if I try to install BootMii as boot2.

2. Once I install BootMii, and make a NAND backup, am I safe from bricking my Wii.
Re: BootMii Risks
April 10, 2010 05:13PM
1. Virtually zero if you can be sure that you will have power during the installation; similar to the 4.2 update.

2. Yes, unless BootMii is overwritten by a bad boot2 installation.
April 10, 2010 08:08PM
How long does the install process for BootMii take, and will I be able to uninstall later if I decide to?
April 10, 2010 09:02PM
About 10 minutes, including setting up the SD card and whatnot. About 10 seconds for just the installation

and yes, you can uninstall
April 10, 2010 11:10PM
Will a restore by BootMii fix an IOS problem, like if I install cIOS usb2 for Starlet and something goes wrong?
April 10, 2010 11:21PM
yeah, BootMii backup will restore all IOS as they were at time of backup. IOS are stored on NAND, so are covered by NAND backup.
April 11, 2010 04:11AM
No brick protection is needed if you are going to mess with IOSes, as long as you don't touch the system menu IOS, as no IOS problem, aside from the system menu IOS of course, will cause a brick. Furthermore, installing IOSes to slots not used by official IOSes (such as 202, which is used by the USB 2.0 cIOS) can't possibly cause any problems. However, you should certainly install Bootmii as boot2, if possible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login