Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Snes9x GX Not Saving

Posted by Gatleos 
Snes9x GX Not Saving
April 12, 2010 07:28AM
Snes9x GX installed just fine on my SD card, and I'm fairly sure that I set up the directory correctly. However, when I try to use save and/or load from the home menu, I get the error message "Error opening directory!" My load folder in the main settings is set to:

apps/snes9xgx/roms/

I'm pretty sure that's for loading the games themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong. My save folder in the main settings is set to:

snes9xgx/saves

And I guess that is where game saves are stored and loaded from. I have that exact file structure set up on the SD card, but I get that error message every time. Does anybody know what the problem could be?
Re: Snes9x GX Not Saving
April 12, 2010 07:46AM
im having this problem too, i cant save in any of my emu apps, did i not put in another folder
April 12, 2010 08:23AM
Well, I figured it out right after posting the question. For anybody who doesn't know it yet, you need two Snes9xgx folders. One should be in the root of the SD card and contain the "saves" and "cheats" folders. The other should go inside the "apps" folder and contain the "roms" folder. Like this:

/snes9xgx/
(this should contain the "cheats" and "saves" folders)

/apps/snes9x/
(this should contain the "roms" folder)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2010 08:26AM by Gatleos.
April 30, 2010 04:28AM
thk u thk u i was geting so mad
February 14, 2011 07:30PM
Ok i created the directory just as you suggested. Loaded a rom into the ROMS folder to test out my SNES9xGX. Cant get past the load screen. Keeps booting me out to the wii menu. I tested the rom on my laptop to verify it was good. It works on the SNES9x PC emulator. What am i doing wrong?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login