Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiMC

Posted by kkaster1 
WiiMC
April 20, 2010 03:24PM
okay so i got wiimc and added IOS 202 made for wiimc not mplayer ce. but ALL my dvds say invalid dvd when i try to play movies. my wii is older then 5 months so it cant be the new disk drives right? anybody know the problem? many thinks for help and advice
Re: WiiMC
April 20, 2010 03:43PM
install DVDx
April 20, 2010 03:54PM
ok that didnt work either. dvdx installed with success but i still get "invalid dvd" on WiiMC
April 20, 2010 04:14PM
The new disc drives were around five months ago. You probly have one of them.
April 20, 2010 04:19PM
i bought it in november. i honestly didnt know when the drives came out, i just heard it was really recently and rarely in a white wii just all the black ones
April 20, 2010 04:30PM
It certainly seems like you have a new drive, and that is not unlikely if you purchased it in November. Since you have IOS 202, there is no other likely reason it wouldn't work.
April 20, 2010 05:05PM
yeaaaa looks like its time to get a 250gb playstation. wii is good for emulators but guys who design games that could be amazing on the wii [like madden] get lazy and use ps2 as a base for games. i hope madden 11 for wii is realistic and comptitive with the ps3 version or im out. i want to be nintendo for life but it seems hard times are coming..... :[
April 20, 2010 08:48PM
I'm having the same problem as kkaster1. I got my Wii about a year and a half ago and I had to have it sent in because it wouldn't suck the disks in. Come to find out my kids had put a penny in it and somehow that is what was causing all the trouble. So they shipped it back with the penny taped to the top of the console. My question is, do you think they changed my disk drive out with an updated one? It was early January this year when I sent it in.
April 20, 2010 09:00PM
i imagine they did. nintendo is starting to mess everything up. i mean why would you totally take out the ability for dvd playback? this console has the potential to seriously put sony out of business and nintendo seems to want to go the opposite way. it makes me sad to think they would not be able to figure these things out.
April 20, 2010 09:53PM
kkaster1
i imagine they did. nintendo is starting to mess everything up. i mean why would you totally take out the ability for dvd playback? this console has the potential to seriously put sony out of business and nintendo seems to want to go the opposite way. it makes me sad to think they would not be able to figure these things out.

They want to remove DVD playback because it was never an official feature. The bug which allowed DVDx to work was what allowed disc based backup loaders and modchips to work. These do not work with new drives. USB loading still works, but disc based backups have been beaten afaik.
April 20, 2010 11:04PM
it was never an official feature but they planned it, then abandoned it. why? nintendo has had the best idea in creating the way you play the wii but they seem like they dont want it to go any further. they put a weaker processor in it and refuse to create games that can even use the full capability of the wii and its graphics. they want their console to compete with the bluray/dvd playing ps3 yet they abandon giving the wii the ability to even play dvds. now even playstation is experimenting with motion contol gaming. sorry for the rant but sometimes i feel that apes are running nintendo. i just have this bad feeling that they wont be around much longer and thats sad because the word nintendo goes hand in hand with my childhood - signed a disgruntled nintendo fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 11:07PM by kkaster1.
April 20, 2010 11:06PM
They didn't bother adding DVD playback because virtually every household likely to buy a Wii already has a DVD-capable device, so there was no need for them to pay for the license putting the price of the Wii up.
April 20, 2010 11:19PM
i would pay the extra 50 to be able to watch movies. just saying. besides when the wii came out it cost more then it does now so the price would have gone down anyway. my opinion, nintendo messed up and they keep doing it. dont get me wrong i love my wii, thats why i bought it when i could have gone one aisle over and got a ps3. it just sucks when nintendo keeps it from being the ultimate all-in-one machine it has the potential to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 11:24PM by kkaster1.
April 21, 2010 12:20AM
Ok well that might explain why it won't read a DVD. I'm also having trouble with loading movies from my USB stick. On the main WiiMC screen where it shows SD Card and DATA CD, if WiiMC was able to read from the USB would it have an USB icon on the menu? I've also added IOS 202.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2010 12:25AM by jeremyk2009.
April 29, 2010 12:03PM
Indeed, i'm actually quite annoyed at the lengths Nintendo will go. i just recently realized i had one of these new drives(can't confirm via S/N, but i can't play DVD's on WiiMC or MPlayerCE like i could before) and well let's face it, i'm pissed. my Wii is 2 years old and it was broken when my brother tried to use a gamecube powercable for the Wii. I sent it in to Nintendo, paid them like a good little consumer, and got my Wii back ready to power on. But when i checked the repair statement to see what was fixed (motherboard like i assumed cause my bro fried the power-source), they had also for NO REASON replaced my disc drive. And whats worse, i only discovered this disc drive didn't work after i've spent much time re-unlocking my Wii. Well not fully "unlocking" it but stuff like installing a cIOS, etc. It will never be fully "unlocked" again because Nintendo re-wrote the NAND some how and i have the new un-crackable boot2 file. Nintendo pretty much did all they could to c*$k-block me from using homebrew to it's full potential again.

-signed other disgruntled nintendo fan
April 30, 2010 03:13AM
If you can't install BootMii/boot2 anymore, they replaced your logic board.

The boot2 version affects nothing, by the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2010 03:13AM by WikiFSX.
April 30, 2010 05:47AM
right, sorry i meant new boot1. how nice of nintendo to "gut" my wii without me asking though......thats kinda the point i'm driving at.
April 30, 2010 08:03PM
Quite possibly not your Wii, but a refurbished one with all your saves and channels etc. transferred over, which explains why many components seem to be "replaced". Can't say for sure obviously, but this is my guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login