Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Twilight Hack Installing Problems

Posted by ayojoe13 
Re: Twilight Hack Installing Problems
August 15, 2008 11:51PM
Actually it doesn't unzip. You have to do that part. You need to use an unzipping tool such as Winzip (for Windows) or WinRar (also for Windows but many other platforms as well). I use WinRar, but before I used Winzip. Winzip is much more beginner friendly.
August 16, 2008 03:38PM
Yeah I got the files from the zip and they're on the SD Card. What would WinRAR do to them?
August 16, 2008 04:33PM
Wait, so you extracted the files from the .zip? I thought you didn't. What files are on your SanDisk?
August 16, 2008 06:35PM
The private folder with the Twilight Hack, which is already installed onto my Wii. An empty apps folder, and a boot.elf file in the root of the SD Card. It still won't work.
August 16, 2008 09:03PM
If you got that .zip in that tutorial a while back, and extracted (unzipped) it to the root of your SanDisk a while back you should have a lot more on your SanDisk. And a couple apps in your apps folder. It's fine if you don't want to though. I'll post some links to more (better) information in a little bit.
August 16, 2008 09:30PM
August 16, 2008 10:58PM
I read those dang pages both. Neither state what you should do in my case! I don't even know what to do anymore. I've been doing everything it says and it still won't work. I'm going to try one more time.
August 17, 2008 12:59AM
What computer operating system are you using? I don't think I understand your "case".
August 17, 2008 01:30AM
I'm using Vista. I just think I'll use my sister's SD Card when she comes home. I'll try it out on that one and see what happens, because after searching google, some people have the same related problem and a switch of an SD Card usually works for them.
August 17, 2008 07:14AM
Alright I tried a new SD Card and still get the same problem. This just isn't fair. I guess I'll just wait until a new version of the Twilight Hack comes out that's updated and all.
August 17, 2008 04:23PM
FINALLY. I got it to work. I appreciate your help deeply. Thanks a lot!
August 17, 2008 05:22PM
Congratulations! Your welcome, may I ask what the problem was?
August 18, 2008 01:26AM
Not sure what the problem was but I just put some files from Wii64 on there and it read it, along with an SD Card change. Strange.
January 28, 2009 02:30PM
I know this is an old post, but I worked out how to get this error resolved. I saw that lots of people (including myself) were having this error, and it looks like it's due to a bad SD card. I got mine working by formatting my SD card (just manually in windows xp, not the special format tool), and by then defragmenting (right click, properties, it's there). Then I put it in and it worked perfectly.

Just thought I'd let you guys know since you all seem to be the most dedicated forum goers I've ever seen.

Simon
March 30, 2009 04:37AM
your first sd card was under 256mb thats why it didnt work
April 02, 2009 09:39AM
EDIT: Oops too slow. Forget what I said.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2009 09:44AM by lost1010.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login