Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Installer.elf

Posted by wiiwiiman 
Installer.elf
May 05, 2010 07:14AM
I need help installing homebrew. I've tried for hours and scoured google for how to do it, but I have found no answers.
I downloaded hackmii and in it : Boot.elf, Credits, License, two read mes and a wiiload folder. There is no installer.elf I can't see it with win zip or win rar. How can I find installer.elf?

Thanks

almost forgot: I found a thread here with a similar issue, but I did not understand the directions. They were "make sure winzip is in folder view" I did that and nothing.
Re: Installer.elf
May 05, 2010 07:17AM
There is no installer.elf. Drag the boot.elf file to the root of your SD card, and then launch your exploit (Bannerbomb, Indiana Pwns, etc.).
May 05, 2010 07:17AM
boot.elf is installer.elf they just recently renamed it and forgot to update the guide
May 05, 2010 07:24AM
WaxyPumpkin72
There is no installer.elf. Drag the boot.elf file to the root of your SD card, and then launch your exploit (Bannerbomb, Indiana Pwns, etc.).

what exactly is the root of the SD card?
May 05, 2010 07:36AM
wiiwiiman
WaxyPumpkin72

what exactly is the root of the SD card?
When you click on the SD card in my computer, you will be taken to the root of the SD card (assuming you're using windows).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2010 07:36AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
May 05, 2010 07:55AM
Thanks. Trying different versions.
So Most of them freeze, but the ones that don't give me a "?" in the wii channel from SD card. What do I do with that?
May 05, 2010 01:11PM
Are you using the proper bannerbomb version in the proper way?

If lower than 4.2, use v1 and go to the SD card channel manager.

If using 4.2, use v2 and go to the SD Card Menu from the main menu.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login