Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiiware/ Virtual console compatibility with Gecko OS 1.9.1.3

Posted by manwhobrawls 
Wiiware/ Virtual console compatibility with Gecko OS 1.9.1.3
May 06, 2010 03:27AM
Is there a simple way to get codes working on the Gecko cheating device for Wiiware/ Virtual Console games?, I have a 4.2 Wii and I am just wondering if there is a simple fix to this problem or an app that i can download that launches Wiiware/ Virtual Console games with ocarina codes.
Any sort of help is appreciated
Thanks for the help if any
-manwhobrawls
p.s. I can use ocarina codes on disk games just find
Re: Wiiware/ Virtual console compatibility with Gecko OS 1.9.1.3
May 06, 2010 04:14AM
You need to use Dop-Mii to install the fakesigning bug to IOS36. Once you do that, I believe channel loading will work correctly.
May 09, 2010 02:08AM
@Waxy I have a couple of questions:
1. Is it safe using Dop-Mii?
2. Will this brick my Wii?
3. Is there a guide online i can follow to do this?

Thanks if you or anyone can answer these questions
-manwhobrawls
p.s. I'll post again if it works
May 09, 2010 02:24AM
It Worked! Thank You!
October 16, 2010 09:51PM
when i updated my wii to sytem menu 4.3 and after i reinstalled the homebrew channel and got the latest update to the gecko os channel, i noticed my compatibility to use wiiware and virtual console game codes was removed again... does anyone have any suggestions to how to get back that compatibility again, trucha bug restorer worked at that one time, but doesn't now... so please, any help would be appreciated!!!
-Thanks again
-manwhobrawls
October 16, 2010 10:16PM
Patched IOSes are no longer supported here. You could use DOP-Mii to install IOS 36 v1042 (this will cause problems on "LU64+" wiis). Other than this, you are on your own.
October 17, 2010 02:27AM
how do you go about doing that because when i use it and try to install v1042 it says at the end "Title with a higher version is already installed." I have a a number that is less than LU64 (LU10) on my wii since i got it when they first came out...so what do i do exactly...?
October 17, 2010 03:32AM
Be sure that you are using the latest revision of DOP-Mii and the HBC. When you launch DOP-Mii, choose to have it run on IOSxx + AHBPROT. Then it will be able to downgrade IOS 36.
October 17, 2010 05:26AM
Thank you so much, it worked finally after doing a couple of things.... thank you for the help

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 05:30AM by manwhobrawls.
October 17, 2010 06:17AM
Glad you got it working. By the way, since you now have an old IOS, newer games will want you to update. Therefore, you will either need to run such games through Gecko OS, or use StartPatch or Priiloader to block the disc update check.
November 03, 2010 02:05AM
I have noticed this a few times when i got Kirby's Epic Yarn, but i reset it again and it worked fine, so thanks to DOP-Mii to save the day!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login