Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Failed to receive the Homebrew List." When installing on wii

Posted by strlite85 
"Failed to receive the Homebrew List." When installing on wii
May 06, 2010 08:31AM
Hey -

I'm a first time poster, although I did a thorough scan of the forums and searched as well I could not find what I was looking for.

I'm new to all of this and it's taken me working on and off on my wii since 8p (it's now 11:30p) to get this far. I've installed the homebrew channel, and the difficult part for me has been installing the browser (v 0.3.8) side of it.

My SD card is 2.0GB. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! first, I read the directions for install in such a way that that said to me to ONLy move the homebrew_browser folder in a folder called apps. That failed immediately resulting in an error.

So I re-did it and included all the folders (with the exception of homebrew_browswer file) into the main section of the sd card (like when you first open it) and it went farther....

but now i'm stuck at "failed to receive homebrew list, which comes after the the repositories list is received on the black screen with white font. Then it goes (after failing a few times) : cannot receive homebrew list returning to hb and it goes back to the blue homebrew channel screen with the homebrow browser icon there.

Can anyone help me?

my yahoo IM is akiesling85 and i'll keep it on in hopes someone can help, I've worked so many hours it'd be nice to figure it out tonight. I wish I could offer some help in return, but this area of technology (video games) is not my strong point. Blackberries however.... :)

Thanks!!!!!
Re: "Failed to receive the Homebrew List." When installing on wii
May 06, 2010 09:10AM
If it can't receive the list, I would assume that it means you're aren't connected to the internet. Have you set up WiiConnect24?
May 06, 2010 09:11AM
I'm heard this before. Sorry I can't remember the answer off the top of my head. So here's some things to try. You may want to try a deeper search on this forum as I believe I read it here.

1. Install this version - [wiibrew.org]. Did you read the help and guide contained in the homebrew browser zip, it may help.
2. (which I think you've fix) ... copy the "homebrew brower" dir to sd:/apps/
3. Make sure your network is working, do you get any other network errors from HBB?
4. The site for the hbb maybe busy or down.

Failing that ... You can manually download apps here [wiibrew.org]

The usual convention is the main data dir goes under sd:/apps some apps may want other directories for saves etc. Usually their wiibrew wiki documentation page will give instructions.
May 06, 2010 09:17AM
Okay I'm a dork. I disconnected the internet on purpose because i thought i read that it will update the wii or something and take away all my hard work. i just connected and yeah, its passed that park and on the "extracting image files" part. cross your fingers!
May 06, 2010 09:22AM
Exception (DSI) occured!
buncha numbers

stack dump:
80070310>80070210>8009?954-8009?8?4

code dump:
buncha numbers

wtf?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2010 09:22AM by strlite85.
May 06, 2010 09:36AM
Make sure you unplug all of the external devices you have inserted into your wii (USB devices, GC devices, etc.).
May 06, 2010 10:08AM
I don't have anything extra to plug into it. No USB i dunno what GC devices are... but it's just the sd card.
May 06, 2010 10:15AM
Just put the 24wii thing to on. also removed the download i'd had on there and loaded from the link scanff told me to. we'll see it's back at the extracting image files.. which at least is past the "repositories list received" i hope theres no error this time....
May 06, 2010 10:16AM
white static lines then the exception (dsi) occured! again
May 06, 2010 07:49PM
GC devices means gamecube controller or memory card.
May 07, 2010 06:53AM
If it says "Failed to receive homebrew list" means it's missing the homebrew list.

You can get the Homebrew List file here (right click the link and click Save Target As)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2010 07:02AM by Zacewing.
May 07, 2010 10:00AM
i notice the other things i had to put on my sd card went in particular folders. should this be in my 'app' folder on sd card? or main root menu? thanks!
May 07, 2010 05:47PM
strlite85
i notice the other things i had to put on my sd card went in particular folders. should this be in my 'app' folder on sd card? or main root menu? thanks!

The Homebrew List should be saved in apps/homebrew_browser
December 29, 2010 06:15PM
hey had the same prob and did all ya said but when it went to the parsing homebrew list.. stack dump thingy..WTF!! I dont have any gamecube shit controllers! so what do I DOOOOOO??!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login