Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Save file concern

Posted by Zahel 
Save file concern
May 15, 2010 09:05PM
Ok, I've read about the homebrew and how it works, that's not my problem. My problem is that before I go hacking my wii, I want to make sure I can keep my save files. From what I read the best bet is to back them up, and that makes sense. My problem lies in the fact that my Monster Hunter Tri save file cannot me copied/moved. I cannot then make a backup copy on it. Normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal, just start a new file, but I've got roughly 100 hours on my character now and it would be extremely inconvenient to start back from the beginning.

In short, if I hack my wii via bannerbomb or something, will I lose my save files, and if so is there a way to back up save files that cant be moved/copied?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2010 09:06PM by Zahel.
Re: Save file concern
May 15, 2010 09:57PM
Installing homebrew will not adversely affect save files (or anything else, for the matter). However, you can use Savegame Manager MOD to backup any saves you like. You can also use Priiloader, Starfall, or StartPatch to patch the system menu to allow you to copy otherwise uncopyable saves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login