Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new wii, hackmii installation before or after update to 4.2

Posted by sterdy 
new wii, hackmii installation before or after update to 4.2
May 28, 2010 05:10PM
Hi everybody, just got a wii last week and I really would like to try the homebrew channel and even code some game myself.

My wii is currently on version 3.4 and because of newer game and the shop channel I would like to update to 4.2

SO my question is : should I first put HBC with any hack (was thinking of bannerbomb v1) and then update to 4.2 or should I first update to 4.2 and then put HBC vi bannerbomb v2?

Note: My wii is brand new and have not been changed (no HBC).

Thanks in advance for your help
Re: new wii, hackmii installation before or after update to 4.2
May 28, 2010 05:33PM
It really does not matter.
May 28, 2010 08:42PM
Use Bannerbomb v2 (it works for the other Wii firmwares). If you wait until after you update, you may need to use DOP-IOS to install HBC. I updated to 4.2 from 4.0 when I got my Wii and installed HBC with no problems, same day I got it.
May 28, 2010 09:05PM
Mestizo
Use Bannerbomb v2 (it works for the other Wii firmwares). If you wait until after you update, you may need to use DOP-IOS to install HBC. I updated to 4.2 from 4.0 when I got my Wii and installed HBC with no problems, same day I got it.

Updated from 4.2 to 4.0? That'd be a downgrade, and downgrade = bad idea with the Wii
May 28, 2010 09:13PM
Do you mean it is better to update to 4.2 before installing HBC (as you did)?

Or no, because "if I wait until after I update", I have the risk of requiring the use of DOP-IOS ?

Thank you for clarifying

Cheers
May 28, 2010 09:19PM
sterdy
Do you mean it is better to update to 4.2 before installing HBC (as you did)?

Or no, because "if I wait until after I update", I have the risk of requiring the use of DOP-IOS ?

Thank you for clarifying

Cheers

I, personally, say update to 4.2 first, but it really doesn't matter which order you do it in if you use the latest installer.
May 29, 2010 12:21AM
cactusjack901
Mestizo

Updated from 4.2 to 4.0? That'd be a downgrade, and downgrade = bad idea with the Wii

Read it again. I said I did the upgrade TO 4.2 FROM 4.0. Meaning I was at 4.0, then went to 4.2
May 29, 2010 12:23AM
Mestizo
cactusjack901
Mestizo

Read it again. I said I did the upgrade TO 4.2 FROM 4.0. Meaning I was at 4.0, then went to 4.2

Sorry, my brain derp'd
May 29, 2010 09:46AM
Hi,

Just updated to 4.2 and installed HBC via bannerbomb v2 and hackmii (last version as of now).

Worked perfectly :)

Thanks for your advices

Cheers
May 29, 2010 11:10PM
hi i could not install HBC in my wii i made all, instruction in my sd card but never get the pop to install when i click on sd card in last option any help

[Instructions]

1. Open the HackMii Installer folder from my Files
2. Copy the following Files into the root of the SD Card (apps, private, wad, boot.elf)
3. Once all of the files have been copied to the root of the SD Card put the SD Card in the Wii
4. Then once the SD Card is in the Wii go to Wii Options
5. Then go to Data Management
6. Then go to Channels
7. Then go to SD Card
8. Once you Click SD Card the file should boot up like a Pop-Up then it will say...

Load boot.dol/elf?

i did not get this in the screen appear gry color boxes with ????? in the first box

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2010 11:11PM by tunilove.
May 31, 2010 01:52PM
System Menu 3.0-4.1+bannerbomb v1: Go to the SD Card data management screen.
System Menu 3.0-4.1+bannerbomb v2: Doesn't work.
System Menu 4.2+bannerbomb v1: Doesn't work.
System Menu 4.2+bannerbomb v2: Go to the SD Card Menu (the little SD card on the main menu).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login