Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii fully bricked - HELP?

Posted by GuitarHeroJoke 
Wii fully bricked - HELP?
June 03, 2010 06:54PM
So, I was doing a hack. Then I needed to update, so I took away all internet connections and did it. Took out the disc in the last second(It might have finished, don't know) and then it says Wii Update Failed. Now it is like, well, my TV just says No AV signal, and it's all plugged in. Tried on another TV with other cables. Please help!
Re: Wii fully bricked - HELP?
June 03, 2010 07:17PM
why'd you take out the disc?
June 03, 2010 07:33PM
I always do that , because I think it might think I installed the update but it doesnt show again...
June 03, 2010 07:36PM
I know it doesnt, but I still do it. Oh god im sad because my wii is bricked and I miss my girlfriend. :(
Help me with one of the parts?
June 03, 2010 08:19PM
Yeah, you kinda need an infectus to fix your Wii. I'd also like to know why you disabled the internet connections as well.
June 03, 2010 08:45PM
I dunno. I thought they couldnt get the update then. (Lol it was ingame :o)
How do I do infectus? I dont care how risky it is, since it wont be able to play with if I dont try.
is it where u open your wii and mess around ? '
Thx for fast answer :))
June 03, 2010 08:51PM
if the update like destroyed something, it might work if I get my wii to my PC?
How can I do this?
June 03, 2010 09:34PM
You may be able to fix it with a SaveMii, but why the hell would you think taking out the disc during the update would be a good idea?
You said you always do that; Why? You could've just let it update and you wouldn't have had any problems.
And I don't think you understand anything about how the Wii works..
June 03, 2010 09:40PM
maybe I dont. shit the same about what I did, I just wanna get this working.
Savemii, how? The TV dont show anything. Not even black screen...
June 03, 2010 09:45PM
GuitarHeroJoke
Savemii, how? The TV dont show anything. Not even black screen...
Oh yeah you're right, I missed that part.. The update must have been installing boot2 when you stopped it.. Infectus would be the only way to fix but it requires taking the Wii apart and removing the NAND chip
June 03, 2010 09:48PM
The update must have been installing boot2 when you stopped it - A on disc update installing Boot2?

Fuckmii D:
Well, I could try that, if you guys can give me a guide on how I remove it and that stuff...
June 03, 2010 09:50PM
but why would it mess up the video?
June 04, 2010 01:32AM
GuitarHeroJoke
but why would it mess up the video?

Corrupt boot2 = nothing can start
June 04, 2010 07:03AM
For future reference, if something electronic requires an update, do NOT do ANYTHING to it during the update process unless it tells you to (remove a disk, disable internet, turn it off, etc). Electrical equipment that requires data to run will corrupt the data if anything interferes, resulting in it's inoperability.

Normally, I would recommend calling Nintendo about fixing it, but, since you said you worked with homebrew, your only option is to get the infectus chip or another Wii.
June 04, 2010 07:35AM
oh fuck... Lol, my mom and dad didnt even get mad :o
Well, still, what about removing the Nand and doing something there?
June 04, 2010 07:49AM
new notice: The Wiimotes doesnt connect, they are just blinking then they stop. Didn't try to press the sync button though.
New notice 2: The wii goes in to Wii connect 24(orange light) When I turn it off. It didnt yesterday if im alright in my head...
June 04, 2010 08:30AM
Regardless, you interrupted an update, which means the Wii itself will not work. If it's a new Wii, you might be able to return it for a replacement/refund from the store you bought it from. Just, for future reference, NEVER do ANYTHING during an update.

If you remove the NAND, The Wii will NOT work, period. The NAND is the Wii's internal memory, which also stores necessary data, like the System Menu, IOS, etc. Remove that, and you've turned your Wii into a paperweight. Your best option is to get the infectus chip, get a new Wii, or, if it's a newly-bought Wii, exchange it from the store you got it (I had to do that for a PSP. I tried to install a custom firmware, but at the time, the model of PSP I had wasn't compatible. My cousin rushed me and I forgot I was updating it, so I turned it off and it bricked. I now have a Pandora Battery for it, but my PSP was stolen)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2010 08:34AM by Mestizo.
June 04, 2010 12:23PM
so, it'll work if I remove the NAND?
June 04, 2010 02:20PM
No, it won't. You need to install an Infectus modchip (www.infectus.biz) and format your NAND that way.

I'm not sure if that will even help, honestly. You'd need to talk to someone more knowledgeable than me (try bushing or marcan).
June 10, 2010 09:45AM
Wait, taking out the disc during an update will brick you? Is nintendo retarded or something?
What if the disc is scratched to a point?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login