Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

code interpriter

Posted by dan3008 
code interpriter
June 17, 2010 02:43AM
Hi. Firstly i wanted to ask if there was an interpriter written for the wii for something like java? i just wondered because i am a java programmer and struggle a lot with c and c++ so i was wondering if there was a better option.

thanks
dan
Re: code interpriter
June 17, 2010 03:21AM
Sorry, there are no Java interpreters available (right now) for the Wii.
June 17, 2010 09:26AM
aww thats a pity :( cant say i'm overly suppriesed though. Porting the java vertuail console would be a massive job. any other language interpriters? like a basic interpriter? i can do alot of VB.
June 17, 2010 03:59PM
how about a flash interpiter? is there one of them about?
June 17, 2010 07:10PM
dan3008

No flash one either. I believe there is a Basic interpreter on Wiibrew.

There are some great tutorial laying around for homebrew C, setting up the toolchain and libraries is probably the hardest part (well if you need extras like SDL, GRRLIB).
June 18, 2010 01:58AM
The BASIC system actually compiles a specific (and not VB-like) BASIC dialect to C.
June 23, 2010 12:04PM
dan3008

As in the Flash player? Similar situation to Java, requiring a runtime environment, and a much more complex one at that. There's an SWF handling library available for C called Ming. If someone were able to port that, the goal would be feasible, I think, of making a 3rd-party replacement for the Wii. Otherwise, I wouldn't count on it anytime.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login