Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cheating and Brawl+

Posted by oldtopman 
Cheating and Brawl+
June 23, 2010 08:28PM
I was learning about Brawl+ and cheats (just to play with, not to use online) and I believed that I needed to learn to use ocarina. I did some more reading and some said that I should use Gecko OS as ocarina was outated. I don't have USB Gecko so will Gecko OS work? Which one should I use? Did I miss a tutorial somewhere on cheating/Brawl+. I have a 4.2U wii.
Re: Cheating and Brawl+
June 23, 2010 09:32PM
You will not need USB Gecko to use cheats, USB Gecko is mostly used for debugging as of now. First of all you will need a few thing 1. a cheat downloader 2. a cheat manager 3. Gecko OS. You can get this easy by using the homebrew bowser. Look at wiibrew.org for more details.

(On a side note do not update your wii to 4.3)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 09:35PM by SolidMario7.
June 23, 2010 09:41PM
Looking for Brawl+ is a pain as brawlplus.net is now defunct. It's now at www.smashmods.com. Brawl- seems intresting. I will try that out.

SolidMario7
(On a side note do not update your wii to 4.3)

I've heard. Reading all of the threads on various forums from a few months ago saying "I've got 4.3" "meh hes tryin to start a panic". It's real now.

EDIT: The official instructions do not require cheat manager or downloaders. Is this bad?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2010 09:45PM by oldtopman.
June 23, 2010 09:47PM
No. You don't need them because Brawl+ (or Brawl- or whatever) comes in .GCT format, meaning its ready. If you want to use cheats (i.e. non-Brawl+ stuff), you'll need what was mentioned above
June 23, 2010 09:56PM
SifJar
No. You don't need them because Brawl+ (or Brawl- or whatever) comes in .GCT format, meaning its ready. If you want to use cheats (i.e. non-Brawl+ stuff), you'll need what was mentioned above

True, but you can also get Brawl+ on homebrew browser.
June 24, 2010 01:51AM
SifJar
No. You don't need them because Brawl+ (or Brawl- or whatever) comes in .GCT format...

The FS inside of the archive is mostly in two parts, "codes>RBSE01.gct" and "private>wii>app>RBSE>replacement fles"

Is it possible to have Brawl+ and Brawl- installed at the same time?
June 24, 2010 04:03AM
oldtopman
SifJar
No. You don't need them because Brawl+ (or Brawl- or whatever) comes in .GCT format...

The FS inside of the archive is mostly in two parts, "codes>RBSE01.gct" and "private>wii>app>RBSE>replacement fles"

Is it possible to have Brawl+ and Brawl- installed at the same time?

1) I'm sure (not a 100%) all you need is to put the codes folder (along with the .gct file inside) in you SD and run Gecko OS.

2) No, not at the same time. But if you mean run one now and the other later then yes you can. But you may have remove one .gct file to run the other.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2010 04:11AM by SolidMario7.
June 24, 2010 06:23AM
Is there a way to rename files and folders on the sd card from the wii? It would seem that that would fix this.
June 24, 2010 06:35AM
Yes their is, and it one of my favorite apps its called WiiXplorer go get at wiibrew.org or at homebrew browser. You should learn more about homebrew and other wii stuff at wiibrew.org you'll learn alot there. Its like a readme but bigger ahaha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login