Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WII 4.3U HELP

Posted by bob123456 
WII 4.3U HELP
July 20, 2010 04:40PM
I'm new too the homebrew installing business , and i upgraded by mistake the other day trying too fix my connection too play monster hunter tri. I have heard from numerous sites that 4.3 U can't be hacked yet is this true? I'm scared of my wii bricking while install HBC... Does it matter if my wii is a virgen or not?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP :D
Re: WII 4.3U HELP
July 20, 2010 06:15PM
There is a method for installing on a 4.3, but it isn't for the faint of heart. On the other hand, you coul wait a week and there will most likely be a new hackmii installer.
July 20, 2010 08:49PM
So your saying common methods such as smash stack, indy pwnz , or banner bomb may brick the wii. People on the net are saying 4.3 may not be able to hack at all :(
July 20, 2010 08:55PM
No. That is not what he said. Those are not "methods". They are exploits. Huge difference. Bannerbomb doesn't work on 4.3. Indiana Pwnz and Smash Stack both do. Currently HackMii Installer isn't available in a working form for 4.3, but it will be soon. In the mean time, there are workaround methods to install HBC etc. on 4.3, but these are tricky and dangerous. I can tell from your post you should not attempt these. Wait for HackMii Installer to get an update, which should happen within a couple of weeks, and then you can safely and easily install HBC, DVDx and BootMii using Indiana Pwnz or Smash Stack.
July 20, 2010 09:15PM
SifJar
No. That is not what he said. Those are not "methods". They are exploits. Huge difference. Bannerbomb doesn't work on 4.3. Indiana Pwnz and Smash Stack both do. Currently HackMii Installer isn't available in a working form for 4.3, but it will be soon. In the mean time, there are workaround methods to install HBC etc. on 4.3, but these are tricky and dangerous. I can tell from your post you should not attempt these. Wait for HackMii Installer to get an update, which should happen within a couple of weeks, and then you can safely and easily install HBC, DVDx and BootMii using Indiana Pwnz or Smash Stack.
Okay but how would i know when the new HackMII comes out Good Sir . I am the type who is kept out of the loop with things like this. And people on youtube claim the HBC is not updating no more because the person who made it quit..
July 20, 2010 09:17PM
UMm... one more question say i were to install HBC is it dangerous 2 have say 15+ channels and memory blocks almost used up . would it brick the wii for lack or space?
July 20, 2010 09:26PM
no it would not brick, and dont listen to the idiots on youtube. HBC WILL be updated, there's a whole team behind it, not just one guy, and they in actual fact already have it working, but haven't released it yet, as they are trying to make it harder for Ninty to work out what IOS exploit they're using.

And you will be able to see when its released by watching [www.hackmii.com], the blog of the team behind HBC (Team Twiizers).
July 20, 2010 09:30PM
SifJar
no it would not brick, and dont listen to the idiots on youtube. HBC WILL be updated, there's a whole team behind it, not just one guy, and they in actual fact already have it working, but haven't released it yet, as they are trying to make it harder for Ninty to work out what IOS exploit they're using.

And you will be able to see when its released by watching [www.hackmii.com], the blog of the team behind HBC (Team Twiizers).
THANK U KIND SIR LAST QUESTION 2 DAY WTF ARE "WADS" ppl are talking bout them ,, btw i know speaking of them is bannable on this forum , i respect that. And why is it considered "piracy" im a noob 2 stuff like this as you can cleary see .
July 20, 2010 09:35PM
WADs are "containers" (kinda like zips, only without compression), used to contain various files, including update files and channels. They can also be used to redistribute pirated Virtual Console and WiiWare games, which is what is frowned upon here. They have legit uses too though, such as legal custom channels (not HBC, its illegal to have HBC as a WAD) and manually updating your system (something only advanced users should do).
July 20, 2010 10:02PM
SifJar
WADs are "containers" (kinda like zips, only without compression), used to contain various files, including update files and channels. They can also be used to redistribute pirated Virtual Console and WiiWare games, which is what is frowned upon here. They have legit uses too though, such as legal custom channels (not HBC, its illegal to have HBC as a WAD) and manually updating your system (something only advanced users should do).
=D thank u again kind sir , u've enlightend mny day if u are a mh3 player and u ever need assitance or help my profile name is Cecil , its the least i can do for a moderate 2 take time to reply to my stupid questions :)
July 20, 2010 10:05PM
I am not an MH3 player, but thanks for the offer anyway :)

And I don't mind answering questions, once I was the one asking and got plenty of helpful answers :)
July 20, 2010 10:17PM
SifJar
I am not an MH3 player, but thanks for the offer anyway :)

And I don't mind answering questions, once I was the one asking and got plenty of helpful answers :)

DANG MAN .... Your misssing out alot of fun here lmao...:p
can a mac adress be traced? and is homebrew illegal in terms of law?
July 20, 2010 11:38PM
homebrew is a kinda grey area AFAIK. Most would say its legal though. At least, most here. I think that legally you can do what you want with your own hardware. Anyway, never heard of anyone getting in legal trouble over homebrew. It does void your warranty though.
July 20, 2010 11:43PM
OH I See now someones scaring the LIFE out of me....
July 21, 2010 04:22PM
Um... Hi again how does Dopmii and Trucra bug work EXACTLY MY FRIEND WAS TRYING too explain but his explains are not always correct.. Thank you for the help in advance :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 04:26PM by bob123456.
July 21, 2010 04:44PM
What do you mean? How to use them?

With dop-Mii, simply run the app, and choose "Install an IOS that accepts fake signatures" at the first menu that appears. It'll do it all automatically then, and you don't need to do anything more, just wait for it to finish.

TBR is trickier, and there is no benefit to doing it manually with TBR, so just use dop-Mii.
July 21, 2010 06:08PM
SifJar
What do you mean? How to use them?

With dop-Mii, simply run the app, and choose "Install an IOS that accepts fake signatures" at the first menu that appears. It'll do it all automatically then, and you don't need to do anything more, just wait for it to finish.

TBR is trickier, and there is no benefit to doing it manually with TBR, so just use dop-Mii.
So dop-mii is safer? Out of any bodies expericne moding wiis what is probablity of wii bricking?
July 21, 2010 06:52PM
No its not safer, they do the exact same thing. Its SIMPLER, because you don't have to know what to do to the same extent. The only reason TBR could possibly be considered "more dangerous" is you actually have to know what you're doing, and if you don't you could do something wrong (although I can't think of a way to brick with TBR, no matter what you do)

Brick risk is incredibly low, worst you can do is corrupt an IOS, which wont stop the Wii from functioning, it'll just cause some games not to work (worst case scenario, and as wii isn't bricked, relatively easy to fix).
July 21, 2010 08:26PM
SifJar
No its not safer, they do the exact same thing. Its SIMPLER, because you don't have to know what to do to the same extent. The only reason TBR could possibly be considered "more dangerous" is you actually have to know what you're doing, and if you don't you could do something wrong (although I can't think of a way to brick with TBR, no matter what you do)

Brick risk is incredibly low, worst you can do is corrupt an IOS, which wont stop the Wii from functioning, it'll just cause some games not to work (worst case scenario, and as wii isn't bricked, relatively easy to fix).

So when HBC first came out it had a low risk of bricking? Is it possible that a wii channel or Rock Band 2 can be exploided for the installation of HBC ?
July 21, 2010 08:43PM
bob123456
SifJar

So when HBC first came out it had a low risk of bricking? Is it possible that a wii channel or Rock Band 2 can be exploided for the installation of HBC ?

What does HBC have to do with what I said? The brick risk of HBC hasn't really changed. I have never heard of anyone bricking from simply installing HBC, and it'd be pretty hard to do so, but there is a very slim chance of it (far less than say, installing an official update).

Anyway, as for exploits, many games could be exploited, but that doesn't mean they will be. It takes time to find an exploit, so generally reasonably popular games are scoured for exploits. It depends what games a hacker happens to own.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login