Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4.3u question

Posted by Kilokk 
Re: 4.3u question
August 12, 2010 03:17AM
I am not familiar with using the Korean IOS41, I used to just use some program that would downgrade IOS15 and then restore it after restoring the Truchabug. I think it was wanako's, not sure now though. was I doing what you said without realizing it? should all the already established methods of TBR work after installing HBC with smash stack method?
August 12, 2010 11:15AM
If you mean Waninkoko, no it was not his tool, and him and his tools are unsupported here, as they almost all are either a) moronic or b)warez enabling

And yeah, if you successfully downgraded IOS15, that's what I meant to do. Only on 4.3, you NEED to use Korean IOS41 to downgrade it. Some tools (most unsupported here), will install IOS41 for you.
August 13, 2010 05:57AM
SifJar
If you mean Waninkoko, no it was not his tool, and him and his tools are unsupported here, as they almost all are either a) moronic or b)warez enabling
Or both.
August 14, 2010 04:34AM
not to pretend that I know a ton about this stuff, but somehow it sounds rather sketchy to be putting korean IOS's on an american Wii. you sure this has no potential to brick the Wii, possibly when other updates are made?

also, perhaps he may have released some dangerous apps at times, but Waninkoko pioneered a lot of this Wii hacking stuff, and he started just about the most useful homebrew I have ever seen for the Wii. most of the Wii homebrew is useless crap, at least custom IOS's and usb loaders actually perform a useful function.

anyway, thanks for the info.
August 14, 2010 06:08AM
Devinology
not to pretend that I know a ton about this stuff, but somehow it sounds rather sketchy to be putting korean IOS's on an american Wii. you sure this has no potential to brick the Wii, possibly when other updates are made?

also, perhaps he may have released some dangerous apps at times, but Waninkoko pioneered a lot of this Wii hacking stuff, and he started just about the most useful homebrew I have ever seen for the Wii. most of the Wii homebrew is useless crap, at least custom IOS's and usb loaders actually perform a useful function.

anyway, thanks for the info.

Korean IOSes are sketchy, but usb loaders are fine. Yep, that makes sense.
August 14, 2010 08:29AM
IOSes aren't region specific. The reason they're called "Korean IOSes" is because they are not present on regions other than Korea.
August 14, 2010 09:12AM
bg4545, thanks for the helpful info, I will feel more confident about this IOS now.

winmaster, thanks for the unhelpful comment, you sure are a genius.
if you actually understood the post you would understand that by "sketchy" I meant likely to be problematic, i.e. Wii bricking. there is absolutely nothing about usb loaders that can mess up a Wii. what do you use a hacked Wii for? google earth? playing with the optical drive light?
I use my hacked Wii for doing things useful like loading media from a usb HDD, which is in no way sketchy in the way that I meant it.
let me ask you this: do you pay for music and video from iTunes? no cops at my door, and there never will be. try understanding the law and using some actual proper reasoning instead of posting garbage you noob.
have fun with your useless homebrew applications, you fucking goof.
August 14, 2010 11:04AM
devinology-try reading the rules. this is your last warning about breaking them.
August 14, 2010 12:38PM
isn't there a rule about posting comments for no other purpose than to try to insult someone?
I was retaliating.
August 14, 2010 12:56PM
There are rules against talking about any kind of backup launcher and cIOS. And he was nowhere near as insulting to you as you were to him.
August 14, 2010 08:15PM
i didn't mention any backups, I only mentioned usb loaders, which I was told are supported here.
sorry for going overboard on the insults. just hate it when people make rude comments instead of being helpful, especially when they don't take the time to understand the context of the post.
August 14, 2010 09:04PM
Devinology
i didn't mention any backups, I only mentioned usb loaders, which I was told are supported here.
sorry for going overboard on the insults. just hate it when people make rude comments instead of being helpful, especially when they don't take the time to understand the context of the post.

usb loaders are "backup" loaders. anyway, who told you they were supported here?
August 14, 2010 11:21PM
This discussion has long since overstepped it's bounds.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.