Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DOWNGRADE SYSTEM MENU

Posted by aidan 
DOWNGRADE SYSTEM MENU
August 13, 2010 08:04PM
I'm not sure if this post is allowed so if it's not I'm sorry and you can delete it.

Any way I've had homebrew channel on my wii for a while but only recently got my wii online and made the stupid mistake of updating to get the new wii shop channel (not realising there was an app to do this). So what I was wondering is if there was an app available to safely downgrade my system menu so I can install preloader and trucha bug.

EDIT: I am aware that downgrading can be a dangerous process if you get (for the sake of not getting banned I will call you know what "stuff") the wrong stuff installed on your wii which was why I was wondering if there was an app which would install the official firmware and "stuff" from nintendo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2010 09:18PM by aidan.
Re: DOWNGRADE SYSTEM MENU
August 13, 2010 08:14PM
You can do those things regardless of System Menu. You'd need to install Priiloader rather than Preloader though. Downgrading is very dangerous and can cause bricks or eventually lead to bricks because of IOS stubs.
August 13, 2010 08:21PM
bg4545
You can do those things regardless of System Menu. You'd need to install Priiloader rather than Preloader though. Downgrading is very dangerous and can cause bricks or eventually lead to bricks because of IOS stubs.

Will that work on my wii though? I have the latest version installed and no trucha bug.
August 13, 2010 08:29PM
Yes, it should work.
August 13, 2010 08:59PM
I press start and get the following:

ES_Identify failed, error 4294966279, ios 61 not patched with ES_DIVerify?
using cios (holding b and then pressing + or -) will probably solve this.
Do you want to continue?
A = Yes B = No Home/Start = Exit

When I hold b and then press + or - I get the following:

ES_Identify failed, aborting mission

When I continue I get the following:

continuing...

Got ROOT!
Priiloader system menu ticket not found
Trying to read original ticket...

Unauthorised to get the ticket. Is ios61 trucha signed, aborting mission...

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS AND HOW TO FIX IT?
August 13, 2010 10:21PM
You need to use TBR to get "trucha bug", I advise patching IOS36 and choosing to install to IOS249 rather than IOS36, and then holding B while installing Priiloader to use IOS249 instead.
August 14, 2010 02:41PM
SifJar
You need to use TBR to get "trucha bug", I advise patching IOS36 and choosing to install to IOS249 rather than IOS36, and then holding B while installing Priiloader to use IOS249 instead.

TBR doesn't work because of my system menu hence why I wanted to downgrade in the first place!
August 14, 2010 03:17PM
Yes it does. research more.
August 14, 2010 03:49PM
SifJar
Yes it does. research more.

Well I got the specified IOS from NUSD on my pc and put them on the root of my sd card load trucha bug app load the first ios there (I'm not sure which one to load) and get the errors I specified earlier am I going wrong when I load the ios?
August 14, 2010 04:42PM
Download and install a WAD of the oldest revision of IOS 41. Run TBR on IOS 41 when downgrading IOS 15.
August 14, 2010 04:55PM
jbc007
Download and install a WAD of the oldest revision of IOS 41. Run TBR on IOS 41 when downgrading IOS 15.

Will try it as soon as my hbc has finished updating :P

EDIT: There isn't an option to run on IOS41 (I'm using v1.13)

EDIT: I tried tbr and get the following:

could not open file: sd:/IOS15-64-v523.wad (THIS FILE IS DEFIANTLY THERE ON THE SD ROOT)
could not open file: sd:/IOS15-64-v523.wad.out.wad (WHAT IS THIS FILE BECAUSE IT'S NOT ON MY SD CARD DO I NEED IT?)
Error reading IOS into memory
Downgrade failed
Press any button to exit...

(I loaded IOS 15 this time)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 05:05PM by aidan.
August 14, 2010 05:05PM
aidan
jbc007

Will try it as soon as my hbc has finished updating :P

EDIT: There isn't an option to run on IOS41 (I'm using v1.13)

Yes there is, you can run on any IOS.
August 14, 2010 05:18PM
It doesn't!

watch this video HERE for proof!
August 14, 2010 05:35PM
If you installed IOS41 properly, it'd be there.
August 14, 2010 05:36PM
SifJar
If you installed IOS41 properly, it'd be there.

Then how do I install IOS41!
August 14, 2010 05:41PM
Download oldest revision of it with NUSD and install with WadImport
August 14, 2010 05:56PM
SifJar
Download oldest revision of it with NUSD and install with WadImport

Will try it now!
August 14, 2010 11:47PM
I'm not usually excessively mean, but aidan, you are truly a complete moron. I am now banning you permanently from our forum for the 4th time as you have repeatedly shown (all 4 times mind you) complete disregard for our forum rules and complete disregard for your etiquette towards other users. While this topic is merely just a perfect example of your utter stupidity; Your DEMANDING ALL CAPS POSTS in Ideas and Requests, your malicious guidance towards other users, and your knack for just pissing me off have reassured me that I have had good reasoning for banning you all four times that I have. I will probably not be so nice in the future and simply ban you immediately.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.