Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having troube installing homebrew channel

Posted by BenW 
Having troube installing homebrew channel
August 23, 2010 02:11PM
Hello everyone,

I am trying to install homebrew channel on my wii so I can watch dvds on my wii (please tell me if this is illegal, I don't see how it would be but I would rather know and stop than continue). So I followed the instructions for installing homebrew channel without a zelda or twilight hack and every time I put homebrew on an sd card, put it in my wii, and try to run it, my wii freezes. I know thats vague but thats what is going on. Can anyone help me?
Re: Having troube installing homebrew channel
August 23, 2010 02:17PM
First off, tell us what System Menu you're running (check in the Wii Settings to find out)

Also, you should note that if your Wii is bought recently (i.e. within last 6 months or so), there is a good chance it won't be possible to play DVDs on it.

If you're on System Menu 4.1 or below, make sure you are using Bannerbomb v1 and going to the Data Management>Channels>SD Card screen.

If you're on System Menu 4.2, make sure you are using Bannerbomb v2 and going to the SD Menu NOT Data Management

If you're on System Menu 4.3, you have a few options, but each requires a game:

As you're in the US, you can use Smash Stack if you have a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl.
Alternatively, you can use a copy of Lego Indiana Jones to make use of the Indiana Pwns exploit.
September 02, 2010 11:29PM
Quite a few thing you have left out, mai boi. Have you unzipped the needed files yet? Like files for The Homebrew Beowser and stuff?

It's ESSENTIAL, I learned THAT from experience.

If you've done this, we can get closer to your problem. ;]
September 02, 2010 11:52PM
Luigi886
Quite a few thing you have left out, mai boi. Have you unzipped the needed files yet? Like files for The Homebrew Beowser and stuff?

It's ESSENTIAL, I learned THAT from experience.

If you've done this, we can get closer to your problem. ;]

*thump*

Luigi... you are the only one I know, or I ever heard of, that didn't unzip the zip files and deleted the exploit from his PC instead of deleting it from his SD card.

This is more than one week old. Pleeease restrain yourself from trying to help.
September 03, 2010 01:01AM
Axel

*thump*

Luigi... you are the only one I know, or I ever heard of, that didn't unzip the zip files and deleted the exploit from his PC instead of deleting it from his SD card.

This is more than one week old. Pleeease restrain yourself from trying to help.

OK, THREE things.

1. I was, AND STILL AM, a noob. I don't need to hear it from you because I've heard it from ALOT of other people.

2. I am LEARNING at MY own pace. NOT YOURS. I may not be as smart as you when it comes to Homebrew, but I can sure as hell try to.

AND THREE: Since when do the forums have TIME-LIMITS? Everyone asks a question, and they deserve an answer, no matter how old the post. Now maybe SifJar up there probably took care of that, maybe not, so I posted.

Sheesh.
September 03, 2010 01:09AM
Luigi886
AND THREE: Since when do the forums have TIME-LIMITS? Everyone asks a question, and they deserve an answer, no matter how old the post. Now maybe SifJar up there probably took care of that, maybe not, so I posted.
You shouldn't bring up old topics. If the user who asked hasn't replied then the topic is considered dead. You brought back a 2 year old thread about AnyRegion Changer just because you couldn't find the .dol file.

Also, your "answer" in this thread has nothing to do with the original poster's question. He was asking about install the HBC, not extracting the Homebrew Browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2010 01:12AM by bg4545.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login