Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How Do Install Homebrew Apps From The Web?

Posted by Luigi886 
How Do Install Homebrew Apps From The Web?
September 02, 2010 02:09AM
I'm kinda newb (OK, TOTAL Newb. -.-) at The Homebrew Channel. Anyway, I was wanting to install some themes and the "AnyRegion Changer" app. Well, I know for a fact you don't save it to the apps folder and it is on The Homebrew Menu, but I don't know HOW to make it appear there.

Any help, please?
Re: How Do Install Homebrew Apps From The Web?
September 02, 2010 02:34AM
you download the app you would like... it usually comes in a zip file that when you unzip has three files in a folder.

meta.xml (just info about the program that shows up as text in the Homebrew Chan)
icon.png (just a picture that is the icon in the homebrew chan)
boot.dol (which is the application itself)

the first two files are optional, and are not in ALL apps (but most)
and you may find extra files too, but the boot.dol is the important one.

to make them show up in your Homebrew Chan, just put a folder in the apps folder that has all those files in it.

if the .dol file is names something else, just rename it to boot.dol
September 02, 2010 02:40AM
Regarding themes:
[www.wiibrew.org]
Read the first sentence.

Regarding AnyRegion Changer:
Don't use it.
September 02, 2010 06:33PM
After your last thread, you should NEVER run any app like AnyRegion Changer that modifies your NAND (there's a banner on the WiiBrew page for any app that does). Considering your inability to follow simple instructions, you almost definitely would brick your Wii (i.e. make it stop working). AnyRegion Changer is outdated now anyway. As for themes, do you mean for HBC or for the System Menu? If the later, again, I don't think that's something you should mess with. If you mean HBC themes, go to the link bg4545 posted.
September 02, 2010 11:14PM
SifJar
After your last thread, you should NEVER run any app like AnyRegion Changer that modifies your NAND.

This was before I decided NOT to do AnyRegion Changer, so don't worry about that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login